So....that "not getting another striker in" issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    why not judge Austin after he has played against the likes of WBA, Stoke, Palace, Southampton Swansea etc rather than away at Spurs and Utd where he was isolated as a lone striker!

He was unlucky not to score at home to Hull (although no excuses for missing the pen) and he scored against Sunderland.
    Spot on mate

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      YEP 1=4 at best over rated by many on here
      sorry, how many chances did he miss at Spurs and Man U then?

If Phillips had passed to him after the De Gea mix up Austin would have had an open goal to aim at, but the former shot straight at the defender instead.

The reason for the lack of goals is purely down to the fact that away from home QPR have sat off the opponents and let them play. This has been Redknapp's tactics from day one when QPR got a 0-0 draw at Sunderland.

Comment

sorry, how many chances did he miss at Spurs and Man U then?

If Phillips had passed to him after the De Gea mix up Austin would have had an open goal to aim at, but the former shot straight at the defender instead.

The reason for the lack of goals is purely down to the fact that away from home QPR have sat off the opponents and let them play. This has been Redknapp's tactics from day one when QPR got a 0-0 draw at Sunderland.
        Time will tell Stan would love him to prove me wrong

Comment

why not judge Austin after he has played against the likes of WBA, Stoke, Palace, Southampton Swansea etc rather than away at Spurs and Utd where he was isolated as a lone striker!

He was unlucky not to score at home to Hull (although no excuses for missing the pen) and he scored against Sunderland.
          Yeah agree with this....he can score so many different goals, he doesn't just rely on one thing, so will get goals i believe

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Time will tell Stan would love him to prove me wrong
            I agree, but let's give him time and a bit of attacking support wouldn't go amiss either. If he plays alongside Vargas for 3 more games and fails to score, yes, he should be dropped, but I think he would score.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              I expected to get beaten if I'm honest but to bend over and let them shaft us with no fore in out bellies in inexcusable in my opinion . Who knows what would have happened if we'd gone for the jugular ? Their confidence was on the floor and we've given them the perfect tonic for that . Fed up
              I agree. I did not expect a win at either Spurs or Man Utd but did not expect to go there and sit back and hope for a repeat of Chelsea. Redknapp has tried that on a number of occasions now and has failed to achieve another win against the big clubs since (Premiership or Championship).

Comment

Agree with the post although have to add that Charlie didn't even play at Spurs!

He was unlucky against Hull, scored against Sunderland and had almost non-existent service at United. Nothing concerns me about Charlie in this division so far.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shepherds Mush;1326021]Agree with the post although have to add that Charlie didn't even play at Spurs!

He was unlucky against Hull, scored against Sunderland and had almost non-existent service at United. Nothing concerns me about Charlie in this division so far.[/QUOTE
                  I didnt know that as I was out of the country and didnt see or read about the game.

So that makes his record a bit better then. Even less reason to citicise him.

Comment

If given the service Austin will score us goals.
                    He is a Natural Goalscorer, but with us has to create something for himself if he has a chance.
                    Phillips and Hoillet need to be getting more balls in to him.
                    We don't give Austin any chances for him to try and get on the score sheet.

Comment

I agree, but let's give him time and a bit of attacking support wouldn't go amiss either. If he plays alongside Vargas for 3 more games and fails to score, yes, he should be dropped, but I think he would score.
                      Stan we can't drop him if it is 1=4 might be the best we've got until January we are not flush for players up top

Comment

Working...
                      X