No announcement yet.

Harry Redknapp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the transfers this summer have been pretty impressive, Harry will be judged on whether we stay up or not and he has no excuses this time as this squad is completely his.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      This has been a fantastic transfer window for us.

We took our time and everyone has got what they wanted, young hungry players.

If we can get vargas and mcarthy over the line then that should be enough for us.

absolutly amazing transfer window.

thanks to harry, tony and the board
      A happy Hitman. That's testimony to the quality of our rebuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        He's been given a fair bit of stick since he joined the club. We got relegated, played poor football in the champs, and didn't win the title as many in the media expected.

However, he had to content with a hugely unsettled dressing room full of players who didn't give a stuff about the club, and a lack of talent. With the financial constraints of champs football, he had no choice but to delve into the loan market. Along the way he had huge numbers of rubbish to get rid of, and brought Joey Barton back into the team.

He got us promoted with almost the last kick of the play-off final. I know a lot of people hatred the way we played last season, but he attained his objective: promotion.

During the summer, he must have worked his nuts off identifying new players for the club, and he's brought in some great talent. Not only that, he's brought in a top class coach to assist him.

Now he's assembled his own team, he can kick on with getting the club established in the prem. We may not play classic Rangers football at times, but he'll certainly ensure we won't be pushed around by anyone. The key objective is survival, and if he achieves that, he's done his job.

So this season, let's get behind the manager. No sniping or backbiting, just support him and the team. A unified QPR with the talent we have, should ensure our survival, and begin the long process of establishing us as a good prem league club. Then when we move to our new training complex and stadium, we will have a team we can be proud of.

A successful Harry Redknapp is vital for QPR and our future.
        Great post...

I was annoyed most weeks at the football we played last season... But also remember at the start of that season thinking we shouldn`t be favourites to go up,
        ie, Not a great squad, a lot of new signings, all the negatives from the season before, along with the Championship being a horrible league to try and get out of.
        So that said Harry has done what we all wanted (but the footie was awful) and got us back up.
        Looking like the manager we all wanted him to be now...

Comment

Look at Fulham... three games no points in the Championship. Look at who went down with us (Wigan and Reading)... look at who went down the year before (Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves).

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
            Look at Fulham... three games no points in the Championship. Look at who went down with us (Wigan and Reading)... look at who went down the year before (Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves).
            But Redknapp knockers don't want see that

Comment

This summer has been good so far. I didn't rate Arry last year and still don't as a manager but hopefully he does well this season.

I think a lot of you are overestimating the influence he has on transfers though - there are very few clubs where the manager has the final say on who gets purchased and I don't think we're one of them.

Comment

Kirill is probably delighted and tongue-tied with our progress

Comment

just sack the old fella - in his place let watrb do the scouting and tf do the tactics - this football lark is a piece of cake, anyone can do it

Comment

As Mr Wolf said in Pulp Fiction 'let's not jerk each other off just yet'. The real test has barely started.

At the end of the day if you have a reasonable budget, an acquisitions team and a chairman who has learned massive lessons you really shouldn't do too badly, given the vast - and sometimes painful - experience that Harry has in the market place. Handsome is as handsome does, so why don't we wait and see? We're you bored out of your mind Rich when you started this one? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      As Mr Wolf said in Pulp Fiction 'let's not jerk each other off just yet'. The real test has barely started.

At the end of the day if you have a reasonable budget, an acquisitions team and a chairman who has learned massive lessons you really shouldn't do too badly, given the vast - and sometimes painful - experience that Harry has in the market place. Handsome is as handsome does, so why don't we wait and see? We're you bored out of your mind Rich when you started this one? ;)
                      Actually I was a little
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I think I'll give it a few more games before praising the strength of the signings. We've looked good on paper before and were a shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          I think I'll give it a few more games before praising the strength of the signings. We've looked good on paper before and were a shambles.
                          Yup, this. I have been pleasantly surprised by the excellent summer signings (again, 'on paper' caveats) but I'm yet to be remotely impressed by HR's coaching and tactics so getting a bunch of new players together into a real team will be a big challenge for him.

And I really don't think this pre-emptive sniping at people who might dare to be critical is very helpful. I always support the team in the stadium, never boo players, but am happy to be critical of the manager and the board's decisions. I wouldn't consider myself a proper fan if I wasn't. We went through these same debates under both Hughes and Warnock. If people dislike the manager or disagree with his decisions, let them rant about it on here, it's not the end of the world. There's something a bit creepy about being forced to toe the line.

(note: critical is not the same thing as negative...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            thanks to harry,
                            You've changed your tune. Weren't the toys out of the pram just a few weeks ago? Or did I imagine that?

Comment

Working...
                            X