Tony Fernandes tweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    This is not the first time Weare. I still remember what you said to me in twitter, but I am going to get over it and keep calm.
    ,that was proper funny Yousef ,,,,,you were joking ,wern`t you ?
    Pllleeeaase say you were joking !
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Fair enough mate, never really rated him personally - he's ok but I think there are better English ones out there.
      as a matter of interest Maidstone, where you off to?
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        as a matter of interest Maidstone, where you off to?
        Dubai mate - going to go a enjoy the sun for a few years and the tax free money when I'm not working a 60 hour week anyway.

Comment

bendtner
          fabianski
          monreal
          chamak
          Aspas
          bebe
          da silva
          macheda
          obertan
          anita
          bassong
          altidore
          doessena
          dong woo or what ever hes called at sunderland
          diara
          maiga

and thats just of the top of my head and looking at just the prem - championship clubs are stating to get filtered with a load of dross from europe and around the world too when we shoudl be giving our youngsters a chance. Sa,e as in the work place we ope our doors to everyone when the focus should always be look after your own first.
          I wish we was more like america and australia where if you come to this country you genuinely are offering something thats better than what we got or will help us to progress.
          Agreed. But when you see the prices Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana have been sold for do you blame clubs for seeking "cheap foreign labour" elsewhere?...
          Last edited by dpmd; 16-07-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
            Agreed. But when you see the prices Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana have been sold for so you blame clubs for seeking "cheap foreign labour" elsewhere?...
            Completely agree mate - prices for english players are just stupid. I just like to think we have more youngsters coming through who dont get the chance before we dip into the transfer market.

Comment

Dubai mate - going to go a enjoy the sun for a few years and the tax free money when I'm not working a 60 hour week anyway.
              well done fella, join the small but ever increasing fellow hoops already there

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                well done fella, join the small but ever increasing fellow hoops already there
                Thanks lyme. Am very much looking forward to it and hopefully give my little girls a better way of life for a few years. I also hope to grace some of the other fellow rrrr'ss out there with my presence a few times

Comment

Completely agree mate - prices for english players are just stupid. I just like to think we have more youngsters coming through who dont get the chance before we dip into the transfer market.
                  English players are ruined from an early age. Too much money, too much hype, too much alcohol consumption because of the drinking culture, not enough motivation to improve. The small numbers that do progress then go for ridiculous fees as we have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    English players are ruined from an early age. Too much money, too much hype, too much alcohol consumption because of the drinking culture, not enough motivation to improve. The small numbers that do progress then go for ridiculous fees as we have seen.
                    I hear what you saying Norths but I also think that stereotype is quite often misused nowadays. I think we do have some exceptional talents coming through that just dont get the break....I also think our scouting system in the UK is shot.
                    I got two or three mates who went to school with and few I played footie with who are pro now and I could name 10 - 15 mates who were better then them but went un noticed or just didnt have the right contacts.

Comment

We are a prime example of buying someone else when we could of used a youngster , signing Doyle , Maigia , Keane , Hughes , etc when we could of played Harriman , Ehmer and Hitchcock at various times over the season
                      We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                        We are a prime example of buying someone else when we could of used a youngster , signing Doyle , Maigia , Keane , Hughes , etc when we could of played Harriman , Ehmer and Hitchcock at various times over the season
                        I know mate your spot on. I would of much prefered to of seen hitchcock ect given ago then the dross you mentioned we brought in last year.

Comment

they may have talent but there is an obvious fear factor when they put on a England shirt, can't get rid of the ball quick enough, no defender has the nuance to bring the ball out. HOOF. Depressing

Comment

The English really needs find out what is wrong.
                            How come countries like Germany, Belgium and Switzerland have very good young players.
                            Another thing that is wrong is wage structures at PL clubs - we know something about that - way to high salaries.
                            Have you noticed that every time someone leaves for say Italy, France or Spain they need to take a big wage cut - just look at Ashley Cole or Evra

Comment

the premiership is too tight for most youngsters to get a chance, it's just not worth risking. plus there is an obscene amount of cash floating around so clubs can afford to buy expensive imports. this means man many get shipped off to the lower leagues where the football is based more around physicality than technique.

if a few more had the balls to go to belgium/holland/germany/portugal/spain they would develop into better players. as said they'd have to take a pay cut to do so, but it's worth it in the long run. someone like Townsend would probably be a much better all round player if he'd spent some time learning to win abroad instead of being loaned around the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by hipsterhoop View Post
                                Not desperate to see it at all,when it is there on a post for all to see without any inference of it being a joke. Acts of ignorance are quite often brushed as "banter", and I will always stand up for anyone if they are made to look little. As I said, all it takes is for people to ignore for ignorance to fester. Educating of the error is the key.

Anyhows, let's just draw a line,but to be weary that abuse or belittling will not be tolerated for our fellow man/woman, so maybe getting points across more clearly is the outcome from all of this.
                                Some fair comments mate. I have crossed swords with WeAre on many an occasion, but can absolutely state for certain that racism is not one of his bad points.

Yousef has been on here long enough to know that he is both well liked by the majority and has been made, quite rightly, to feel welcome. He didn't seem upset by that comment at all.

What was amusing though, is that he genuinely DID blame WeAre for a Twitter parody account. I think that highlights the fact that we can all misinterpret things. Not always easy to tell when someone is being serious, sarcastic or just attempting a joke.

Deliberate attempts to be unpleasant or intolerant, do of course need to be clamped down upon. Of that, there can be no argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X