Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel to return for pre-season training - do we want him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    If he's our maverick and the only one then yes all day long. It went wrong last time when we had 6, 7, 8 players all with his mentality.But as things stand atm and its still ealry days but we need him. He gives us that bit of class we are lacking atm.
    Would love to answer this question again a week before the season starts and we know who harry has brought in. So because business hasnt been concluded and going on our squad at present im saying YES.

Comment

How come he can not play in Pl but can in Seria A?
      Is it him or is it the manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Thats where I disagree, I think he could wreck things personally.
        Towards the end of his tenure the dressing room was a mess, there were lots of egos none managed properly, none really giving a t0ss. I think don't think now people like Barton, Hill, Green would let 1 player ruin what they have worked so hard to form and Adel could Flourish in this positive team like environment. Even if he doesn't, sulks and leaves in January I still don't think that it would effect the rest of the team that badly. IMHO
        COME ON YOU RRRRSSS

Comment

All I would say is, the one time a team was set up with his abilities at the forefront, he destroyed. NW wasn't equipped for the prem, let's see what HR can do with him in the prem, I don't rate HR, but he has years of prem experience, the quality of player will be better this time around "I hope" so let's wipe the slate clean, he has the tools, if we tried to buy a player like him, it would cost millions!
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Doesn't matter what we think.

Burned his bridges and second and third chances with Harry. He won't be part of the 25 man squad come September 1
            Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

A fit and motivated Adel playing in his best position (behind the striker) in the Premier league would be the difference between staying up and going down, of that I'm certain.

Question is will he be fit and ready for QPR again? Only Adel and maybe Harry and his coaching staff know the answer.

If only Adel could realise that players are signed for lots of different reasons but the joint biggest reason is their attitude and dedication to the TEAM. Perhaps when he realises this he will get the permanent move that he desires elsewhere!

Comment

It would take a lot more then 1 player to wreck a dressing room, trust me.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

No. We need a team spirit and 110% commitment to have a chance of staying up. As much as I hate to say it as I am a big fan of Adel - I'm not convinced he will give us that.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                    It would take a lot more then 1 player to wreck a dressing room, trust me.
                    ...and 1 player to start it!

For the love of good please don't bring him back, downwards spiral and all that.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

If we take adel out of the team atm who is going to create us chances? When we got relegated he was still one of maybe two players who offered the most threat. As others have said Adel in the right sort of team and right players around him is a very dangerous player. As things stands he's still our best player.
                      The lack of creativity in our team scares the crap out of me yet we have still have adel. He must play atm. He can see and execute passes that not many can and someone like austin would thrive of it. I Know it doesn't matter now but if we had kept taarabt last year im sure we would of swept the league apart and I still believe he has a key role to play at QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                        getting on a bus, when we were losing at Fulham tells you all you need to know

bad attitude, not a team player and played well about 5 times in 2 seasons in the PL

to all you Adel worshippers, he played brilliantly for us in the Championship 4 YEARS AGO
                        Joey Barton almost got us relegated by stupidly headbutting a player in a crucial match. He then said repeatedly he would not play in the Championship, criticised the club and made clear he had no desire to return. He turned it round. Maybe we should let Adel try to do the same, particularly as we owe him a lot more than we did Barton at that time. Also: we probably won't have a choice - like Caesar, if we have given inflated contracts to players they will be next to impossible to move them on even if we wanted to. So best get behind him because you are likely to be seeing a lot more of him...

Comment

Nooooooooooo. Please no.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Joey Barton almost got us relegated by stupidly headbutting a player in a crucial match. He then said repeatedly he would not play in the Championship, criticised the club and made clear he had no desire to return. He turned it round. Maybe we should let Adel try to do the same, particularly as we owe him a lot more than we did Barton at that time. Also: we probably won't have a choice - like Caesar, if we have given inflated contracts to players they will be next to impossible to move them on even if we wanted to. So best get behind him because you are likely to be seeing a lot more of him...
                            In what way did Joey almost get us relegated at Man City? Stoke kept us up. We went 2-1 up after Joey was sent off for punching Tevez and then kicking Aguero. There was no headbutt. Were we guaranteed victory with Joey on the pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Tbf to Adel, harry never played him in his rightful position.

You can't expect a player with his talent tracking back 80 yards to put in a slide tackle
                              Are you serious? It's a team game and all players would be expected to do their bit.

Why should any player be exempt from running and tackling?
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                                Are you serious? It's a team game and all players would be expected to do their bit.

Why should any player be exempt from running and tackling?
                                This. It isn't a team game as far as Adel is concerned. It's all about Adel.

Comment

Working...
                                X