Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amex Stadium

Cant see a thread on this given its been our first visit there

They have done an amazing job with the ground!!!! its fantastic and I would be over the moon with something similar. One of the few new grounds which seems to allow and encourage an atmosphere to get up and when they sang it was loud so whatever they have done its worked

Getting away after is a shambles. If your going to build a 30k stadium it might also make sense to ensure the infastructure around it can cope with the numbers. More or less a local Village station and no parking not good

Great stadium. Been there.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

As you say the ground itself was a belter just a pain to get away from and into . We hung back in the bar for half hour afterwards and it was quiet enough by then

Comment

Who did you see play there Yousef?
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Cant see a thread on this given its been our first visit there

They have done an amazing job with the ground!!!! its fantastic and I would be over the moon with something similar. One of the few new grounds which seems to allow and encourage an atmosphere to get up and when they sang it was loud so whatever they have done its worked

Getting away after is a shambles. If your going to build a 30k stadium it might also make sense to ensure the infastructure around it can cope with the numbers. More or less a local Village station and no parking not good
          A great stadium they've done a great job there, hope our board take notice of what they saw that size of ground perfect for us, loads of room in the padded seats well done Brighton, sadly how we lost that game I'll never know H.R has a lot to answer for,

Comment

I agree, traffic was a nightmare before and after the game. Had to bail out of a cab 5 mins from stadium and walk to the game because it was chocca. After the game I did not have a scooby where I was going..no signs nothing. Ended up on a bus full of Brighton fans..funny enough.
            First game ; QPR 1 Bolton Wanderers 3, Saturday 2nd December 1978.
            Parkes,Clement,Gillard,Hollins,Howe,Shanks,Eastoe, Francis,Harkouk,Busby,McGee

Comment

V nice stadium, shocking getting out of there though! Train station was a nightmare
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                V nice stadium, shocking getting out of there though! Train station was a nightmare
                Did you make the 10.10? train by waiting for help from the stewards that was announced on the tanoy?

Comment

it took me the best part of 2 hours to reach my car parked less than 2 miles away. With road works and a pit stop, I hit the sack at 3.15.
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Agree with above. Great ground shite infrastructure.

Old battered railway station & gridlocked roads.

No likey.

Comment

It would appear that as expected, many liked the ground itself. The acoustics Wests, have been designed not only to enhance the atmosphere inside, but to stop noise getting out. Been outside the ground on numerous occasions and you could be forgiven for not realising anything was going on inside.

The location and travel are obviously things that let it down. Left the ground about an hour after full time having had a couple in the bar and we just missed getting the first train to Brighton although another came shortly after. However, there was one hell of a queue on the other side heading towards Lewes.

My stepson seems to be of the opinion that the links are good. I suppose if you compare it to somewhere like Derby, he may have an argument, but an hour after the game at Rangers, I'm usually well on the M25.

Did anyone have trouble getting to the ground from Brighton station? Absolutely manic at about 6:30.

Comment

I left at the full-time whistle. Got a train to lewes at 10.45.
                        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I've not been to a night match there, but two Saturday afternoon fixtures (this season and last). Agree that the ground is brilliant, and we had no problems getting there and back on public transport. There was a bit of a queue at Brighton station for the train out, but we got there in good time before kickoff, and afterwards we hung about for an hour having a couple of beers. We lost there this season, as well.

Comment

Only been there for a few pre-season friendlies so getting out wasn't an issue. Great ground. Can only hope if/when we get our new place it is designed similar to that.

Comment

And fwiw on the trains. This from a mate who goes every game:

Last night was bad, not sure what went wrong with the trains.

We left at our normal sort of time, 1015pm, normally we walk straight on to the platform. We had to queue and did not get the first train.

I suspect what caused some of the havoc was they laid on a train from Falmer to Victoria just for QPR fans and that meant different queues.

Comment

Working...
                              X