Latest From Toronto-Good News !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    If he was named in the 25 but then retired he could be replaced in the 25 with a player who is not contracted to another team
    I see that as the best solution for all involved.

Nelsen has served us well in his short time with us, & it would seem unfair to block a move where he can further his career; I just don't think Toronto would suit him; just ask Mariner.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Why would he retire when he could become a Player Manager!

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
        What's the point in making him stay when he doesn't want to? He'll end up playing like Anton!
        Unless he gets run over by a bus he wont be that bad

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
          Why would he retire when he could become a Player Manager!
          Can't we offer him something on the coaching staff?
          Last edited by jmelanie; 08-01-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Is Toronto on the good nice english side of Canada or the bad sh*t french side?

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
              Is Toronto on the good nice english side of Canada or the bad sh*t french side?
              The good ole English side :sorry:
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

English side but a number of people living in Toronto are either French Canadian or bi-lingual.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerMick View Post
                  Cold day here but looks like some news to warm me up. My local team are reporting that while Ryan
                  Nelson had signed a long term contract he will be staying at Rangers for a couple of months at least. The season starts here in March and the club are prepared to wait. So it may well be that Nelson will at least be available while Harry looks for replacements. This was announced at the club press conference this morning. Hopefully he will be back and available for Saturday. Just passing on the info I have.
                  Good news.

Comment

He got the First Team Manager job, no way we can compete with that...

Comment

Interview with Ryan on BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20946699

"I've had several conversations with Harry and [club owner] Tony Fernandes," the New Zealander said. "They have been so understanding with my situation. They understand that when I play I am playing on glass knees and glass ankles. It is a bit of a struggle. They know I am at the end but they also know the predicament they are in. It is a major predicament. QPR would like me to keep playing but we have to sit down and talk. If we can get five straight wins, that'd be perfect. "I think then we can shake hands and part company but we are just going to have to talk and see how things progress."

Looks like we might be playing hard ball.......

Comment

didnt think there was many french speakers left
                        http://www.kandyy.com/userfiles/image/language.gif

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          If he was named in the 25 but then retired he could be replaced in the 25 with a player who is not contracted to another team
                          You sure?

If so then that will be good. If not, then its great he will stay until March and we would have to sacrifice a 25th man for the last 2 months of the season if we can't replace. Would still be worth doing imo becasue it's very rare all of the 25 get used anyway, so rather have him for 3 months, then only 24, rather than 25 others of which a few may play 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                            English side but a number of people living in Toronto are either French Canadian or bi-lingual.
                            There are very few Francophones in Toronto!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                              didnt think there was many french speakers left
                              http://www.kandyy.com/userfiles/image/language.gif
                              Be interesting to know who the 2% are.

Comment

Here's what I posted in the other thread: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/01...med-head-coach
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X