Redknapp explains Cisse substitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redknapp explains Cisse substitution

“Did you think we were going to win 4-3? Nor did I,” said Redknapp.

“You have to be realistic in football. Do you want to get beaten 8-0 or are you going to come out, keep a bit of pride intact and work hard in the second half?

“Damage limitation it’s called. It’s not a nice situation, but that was the situation I was in and it’s what I had to do.

“I had to change how we played and try to shut up shop. Maybe I should have done that from the start.

“You look at it at 3-0 and think ‘hang on, it’s going to be seven or eight here if we’re not careful’.”

But Redknapp did hint at problems involving the unsettled Cisse, who was ineffective once again and may well leave during the transfer window.

Redknapp said: “I know what the problems are but I don’t want to say publicly with one or two.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...e-substitution
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

I think that was sensible. If we went to lose by 5 or 6, that would have seriously harmed the confidence. At least now the players can go into the next game knowing they did ok in the second half and restricted the game to a 0-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
      I think that was sensible. If we went to lose by 5 or 6, that would have seriously harmed the confidence. At least now the players can go into the next game knowing they did ok in the second half and restricted the game to a 0-0.
      Just out of interest, do you think that Liverpool took their foot off the gas a bit bearing in mind they were cruising and knew we weren't going to score 1 let alone 3?

Comment

Thought it was a great move Cisse was Non existent IMO and we were much stronger in midfield with Derry

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
          Just out of interest, do you think that Liverpool took their foot off the gas a bit bearing in mind they were cruising and knew we weren't going to score 1 let alone 3?
          I think it is natural that they did, it often happens in such games (like when Arsenal were beating Pompey 0-5 at HT and it finished 1-5), but credit should be given where due - we made a fight of it in the 2nd half and Liverpool were still trying to score more.

Comment

We tightened up, sure (could we have been worse in midfield), but they certainly took their foot off our throat.

Comment

I'm very glad he did that. 3-0 is a lot better then6 or 7
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Good management that is

Comment

Although I know Arry has stated in that article is was tactical for taking him off (and I dont doubt that tbf) - I think we may have seen one of his last games in an Rs shirt. I reckon Arry will call DJ back & buy / loan 2 more strikers in Jan. He keeps going on about the need for work rate and team effort in our position, which we all know is spot on, and it doesn't take a genius to work out Cisse isn't really pulling his weight.

Im one of his biggest fans (in more than one way!) - but I cant help but feel his time is up with us.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Why did Harry sub Cisse? Because he was sh1t.....

Comment

I think it is natural that they did, it often happens in such games (like when Arsenal were beating Pompey 0-5 at HT and it finished 1-5), but credit should be given where due - we made a fight of it in the 2nd half and Liverpool were still trying to score more.
                      I'm not trying to be confrontational here but let's not kid ourselves that we made a fight of it in the second half eh... We never looked like scoring did we all we did was ride our luck and kept it to a reasonably respectable score line bearing in mind it could've been much much worse....

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
                        I'm not trying to be confrontational here but let's not kid ourselves that we made a fight of it in the second half eh... We never looked like scoring did we all we did was ride our luck and kept it to a reasonably respectable score line bearing in mind it could've been much much worse....
                        We ran about a lot, chased the ball, harried them. I think that deserves some credit.

Comment

We ran about a lot, chased the ball, harried them. I think that deserves some credit.
                          Maybe but scant consolation in my book am afraid....:(

Comment

Unfortunately it was 45mins too late!

Comment

Yes, if we were 11 Labradors it may deserve some credit, but they are a team of professional footballers earning vast amounts of money - chasing the ball around whilst 0-3 down at home does not warrant any credit from me. At all. Ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X