Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much as we all love him is TF really what we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much as we all love him is TF really what we need?

TF is a great guy, a successful businessman in some quarters but since he arrived is he not really just a 'kid with a new toy'?

He's bought ,or backed mangers, when buying donkeys, talked the talk, walked the walk, but when all is said and done has he been a success? Does he really know what to do with a football team?

The Thompson's were hated by most but they did okay by our team until the last few months , Chris Wright did what he could, and with hindsight were FB and BE all that bad?

Thing is we were more successful under these people than we are under TF. I fear for the longevity of the club and are not convinced by all this talk of staying around even when we are relegated. Successful people do not back losers for long, and lets face it were aren't exactly going places. If it starts to cost him more than his pocket money he'll move on, cut his loses etc.

New training grounds,new stadiums are all very good if your successful on the field of play, we're not so what happens when he leaves?

I like him very much, like his enthusiasm, links and drinks with the fans etc etc, but i'm not sure in the long run he's right for us

Am I alone in this?
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

He is great for us & will be greater given time.

Make no bones about it Fernandes knows he's made mistakes but the secret to being successful is not making the same mistakes twice. Stay up, keep Harry & watch this club grow at pace.

Comment

Top man,with deep pockets.i thank god he's with QPR.Under hughes he was given some bad advice.it wont happen again under Arrry.onwards i say.

Comment

Can't believe people keep knocking Tony. This has to stop because we have the best chairman we could ever wish for.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I think his main failing was he was so sure Hughes was a perfect fit for the long term plan that he put nearly all his eggs in that basket and to a degree gave him carte blanche.... problem is Hughes' agent is Jorabchin and for me there's a clear conflict of interest there when he also represents players, and obviously he was offerign him his players. No doubt there were some dubious discussions regarding getting best cuts for himself in the process.

Comment

tony is a front owner,the lot are her for the long hall,we will be all right.unless we go red that is.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              tony is a front owner,the lot are her for the long hall,we will be all right.unless we go red that is.
              Been on the Lambrusco again, GT?

Comment

Is Sotonsuperhoop for real, who else is going to come in and do what TF has done

Comment

What have you been smoking sotonsuperhoop?
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I find posts like this truly laughable. Especially when you say things like we're BE and FB really that bad? Can't believe you would ask that with a straight face? They were by no means successful, the success was quite simply down to warnock, Taarabt, and a team that would lay their goolies on the line for 3 points.

Comment

What a fickle lot we are. On another thread people slate Tony because he says he's looking forward to the tranfer window. So am I. How many of us have been glued to SSN during the tranfer windows since Tony came in? This board has been a hive of activity during every one.

Now we have people who are slating the chairman for doing something we've always wanted QPR owners to do; splash a bit of cash. Do people not realise that Tony is an accountant by profession and would have done his sums to see what is affordable and what is not? Do people not know that Tony knows how to build successful businesses? Haven't these people seen how enthusiastic he is about our club and not seen him celebrate goals?

He is IMO, the best chairman we've ever had, and the best chairman in the business. Stop slagging him off!!!
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

This thread has to be the most *****ic I've seen in a hell of a long while.
                        If fans don't want a board of directors like the one we currently have, what the hell do they want?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                          Can't believe people keep knocking Tony. This has to stop because we have the best chairman we could ever wish for.
                          ^ This +1 Well said QPR Richard.

Comment

The web has opinions that you don't see in real life. It is funny like that.

Comment

My view has remained the same since the start of the season.
                              Call it ill-informed, primitive, whatever you like.
                              I call it common sense as it is based on what we all have seen:

The team for this season was built by the club with relegation not viewed as a realistic/financially viable option.
                              I repeat: I am 100% certain that the club failed to reckon with relegation for this season, unlike last season.
                              We overspent on player fees/wages, simple as that.
                              When the club says they have been prepared for relegation - they basically lie.
                              I am not blaming Tony at all - we all believed we will not do as badly as we had done last season.
                              Who in their right mind would have predicted our first league win to come in December??
                              But we must admit that this team was a gamble.
                              The gamble is not paying itself off.
                              There are no financial miracles out there for footbal clubs.
                              Due to this gamble relegation will cripple this club.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X