Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Striker thoughts...... reading between the lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striker thoughts...... reading between the lines.

It has been suggested that we've made enquiries about Berbatov and Adabayer. Clearly unlikely to come off but testing the water. However, if true, it clearly indicates MH wants another target man to compliment what we have already.

I am now more convinced we will get Santa Cruz. Fits the bill, unwanted by City, would be cheap, in recent interview basically said come and get me when asked about rejoining MH, and MH trust him and likes him....

Just my opinion.

One more striker will sign IMO

Comment

would love another striker good enough to cover Cisse but cant see it personally! hope im wrong though.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Defoe

Comment

shane long has put in a transfer reqwuest. he scored in both games against us last season. plays well for ireland, young, why not!
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

i think the berbatov and adebayor 'enquiries' are all for the press. to make QPR seem a bigger name.

i dont think we will be after another CF unless MH is shipping bothroyd out.. because helguson has looked good in preseason.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              shane long has put in a transfer reqwuest. he scored in both games against us last season. plays well for ireland, young, why not!
              No better than our current back up imo.

Comment

dunno...

it certainly seemed that we were serious about giroud (more than just an enquiry by all accounts) and the money we were talking about would have been a serious chunk of the summer transfer kitty, so can only conclude that this is an area that hughes wants us to strengthen in. i don't see santa cruz as a realistic target unless he's more-or-less a free transfer and on much lower wages than now.

(fwiw, if it was a straight choice between attack and defence, i'd be buying defenders)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  No he didn't...scored at the home game not the way.
                  http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

I suspect if we do bring in another striker it will be someone young and relatively unknown - from the Rigg/Hughes scouting database. I think the balance of any real money to be spent will go on tightening up defensive frailties.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      It has been suggested that we've made enquiries about Berbatov and Adabayer. Clearly unlikely to come off but testing the water. However, if true, it clearly indicates MH wants another target man to compliment what we have already.

I am now more convinced we will get Santa Cruz. Fits the bill, unwanted by City, would be cheap, in recent interview basically said come and get me when asked about rejoining MH, and MH trust him and likes him....

Just my opinion.
                      Hasn't he said he wants to stay in the NW and would drop a division and play for Blackburn to achieve this

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Hasn't he said he wants to stay in the NW and would drop a division and play for Blackburn to achieve this
                        Haven't heard that myself but would be surprised if any self respecting player would join the Venkys at this time...

Besides he was in Spain last year and we are NW from there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          Haven't heard that myself but would be surprised if any self respecting player would join the Venkys at this time...

Besides he was in Spain last year and we are NW from there.....

I agree with you on the car crash club that venky's run but i've found this piece and he does say he would also consider Bolton
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...lish-team.html

Comment

For the record i'd be all for Santa Cruz, as you said he's cheap, like Mark Hughes and wasn't bad in his loan spell at Real Betis last season as well
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                            X