Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYU
    replied
    I know this is the match thread but hope Fulham lose a few players tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
    Exactly, can't believe people are surprised by it. Hoilett started brilliantly last week, but faded badly in the second. It was either him or Townsend to miss out, no brainer that it should be Hoilett.
    Yeah he did a little must admit, and he's still on the bench if we want to change it

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
    Exactly, can't believe people are surprised by it. Hoilett started brilliantly last week, but faded badly in the second. It was either him or Townsend to miss out, no brainer that it should be Hoilett.
    We didn't end up 4-3-3 last week. We were a good ol fashioned 4-2-4 going forward. 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 works away from home but better against a high line defence. I'd buy that today but Villa are weird, sometimes sit high, sometimes really deep in same game.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by maddix View Post
    To make way for Jenas in the middle .....To be fair it makes sense to set up as we did against Southampton away from home and go more attacking at home .....point wouldn't be a disaster today !
    Fair play

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    would prefer that but he could go two up ie Zamora, Remy....
    This is what I think will happen, it's so important to win this game today.

Leave a comment:

• DeepcutHoop
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Isn't this like the saints game 4-5-1 without the ball, 4-3-3 with it.

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
    If/when Zamora comes off there isn't really anyone that can hold the ball up if required
    if its 4-3-3 you play more into space behind and make them turn, but Adel was brilliant up front against Chelsea and could take that role late on.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Yeah i thought about that as soon as i posted. You don't like 4-4-2 then? I was thinking during the week that 2 up front would really put some pressure on their CBs

Leave a comment:

• oldskoolturk
    replied
    Not sure i quite understand why we have SWP hoilett and mackie all on the bench along with taarabt and Granero but no bothroyd.

SWP and mackie would do a similar job of chasing down late in the game, and hoilett would be first choice winger replacement.

If/when Zamora comes off there isn't really anyone that can hold the ball up if required

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Just heard Green ill

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Isn't this like the saints game 4-5-1 without the ball, 4-3-3 with it

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by maddix View Post
    To make way for Jenas in the middle .....
    bad move

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Because we aren't setting up 4-2-4 presumably

not 100% sure how they'll set up to accomodate that lot, I really hope this doesn't mean 4-4-2
    Isn't this like the saints game 4-5-1 without the ball, 4-3-3 with it.

Leave a comment:

• maddix
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Why in the name of christ has hoilett been dropped?
    To make way for Jenas in the middle .....To be fair it makes sense to set up as we did against Southampton away from home and go more attacking at home .....point wouldn't be a disaster today !

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Looks more negative thant last week's 4-2-4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X