Match Thread | Rotherham 2 QPR 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Thread | Rotherham 2 QPR 2

Queens Park Rangers return to Championship action this evening as they travel to take on Rotherham.

The Hoops sit ninth in the league going into this one, with three points at the New York Stadium potentially taking the west London side to within touching distance of the play-off spots.

A 2-2 draw against Stoke at the weekend represented a good result against a recently-relegated side; but how will the Hoops get on against a newly-promoted team?

Phil Spencer has his say with his predicted line-up.

"A spirited display against Stoke looks to have continued the moment from before the international break - something which Steve McClaren will want to continue against Rotherham.
    "QPR have named a consistent line-up in recent weeks and I firmly expect that to be the case once again at the New York Stadium.

"Joe Lumley should start in goal, while a back four of Angel Rangel, Joel Lynch, Toni Leistner and Jake Bidwell looks like a safe bet.

"In midfield I'd expect just one change with Geoff Cameron likely to come back into the side after being ineligible against Stoke City.

"His return should see Jordan Cousins drop out of the starting XI, with Cameron lining up alongside Massimo Luongo in the centre of midfield.

"Pawel Wszolek and Luke Freeman had a quiet game at the weekend, but both players are far too important to leave out and I'd expect a much-improved display.

"Ebere Eze has been the main man this term and should start in a free role, while it'd be good to see Tomer Hemed given an opportunity from the start in place of Nahki Wells."

Expected QPR side to face Rotherham: Lumley, Rangel, Leistner, Lynch, Bidwell, Wszolek, Luongo, Cameron, Freeman, Eze, Hemed.

Is this the match thread ?

QPR team to face Rotherham: Joe Lumley, Angel Rangel, Toni Leistner, Joel Lynch, Jake Bidwell, Pawel Wszolek, Massimo Luongo, Geoff Cameron, Luke Freeman, Ebere Eze, Nahki Wells.

Substitutes: Matt Ingram, Grant Hall, Josh Scowen, Jordan Cousins, Bright Osayi-Samuel, Tomer Hemed, Matt Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      Is this the match thread ?
      Moved them over for you now. Thanks LRL.

Comment

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...tream-on-sale/

£10 quid ...not bad for a multi camera stream

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Moved them over for you now. Thanks LRL.

Comment

Full strength and unchanged (bench included), other than Cameron's return. Always a good sign!

Feeling quietly confident personally.

Comment

Opta Stats

Rotherham have won one of their last nine matches in all competitions against QPR (D3 L5), a 1-0 win in December 2016.

QPR's last away league win at Rotherham was in January 2016, a 3-0 win with goals from Junior Hoilett, Matt Phillips and Sebastien Polter.

Since losing their first four league games of the season, only Norwich (32) have won more points in the Championship than QPR (27).

Rotherham have drawn seven of their last nine Championship fixtures (W1 L1).

Steve McClaren has won his last eight matches against managers called Paul, including three this season - Cook (1-0 v Wigan), Clement (1-0 v Reading) and Hurst (2-0 v Ipswich).

Comment

I reckon a cheeky 1-0 win. Wells

Comment

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...99716231991296

Comment

Would take a draw. Need to watch out for Rotherham’s very basic long throw tactics. A good test for Lumley.

Comment

I wonder how we will cope with the wind and rain. Hmm.. we`ll see.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Anyone found a stream?

Comment

Fair play to those that have gone, especially with the red button killing away attendances this season.

Comment

Whoops
                            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Rangel.......

Comment

Working...
                              X