Blackpool 2 QPR 0 Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From someone who went tonight

"Struggling to find the words to describe that performance tonight. It truly was abysmal and I just cant fathom why McLaren thought he could just throw 11 players together and they would get into a cohesive unit.
    There was no evidence of a game plan, our passing was poor and our attacking strategy consisted of long balls to Smith which he either didn't win or we then didn't win the second ball.
    I actually felt sorry for some of the younger players thrown into that shambles. Some of the senior players need to look in the mirror. Not sure what is going on with Scowen but he was racing around making foul after foul, got a yellow card after the 3rd and then lost a 50:50 which he could easily have been booked again for. He was subbed quickly afterwards (rightly in my view) and stormed off.
    Cousins then raises his hands and pushes a player when already on a yellow and gets sent off. Both of them werebraindead.
    Worst if all for me though was the complete disrespect shown to the travelling support. I was prepared for a few changes but never expected that starting 11. You then look at the bench for a game changer and there are no options.
    McLaren said afterwards we weren't prepared for the physical challenge yet the size of their team was plain to see and we start with the likes of Scowen and Chair who are tiny by comparison.
    I can't remember feeling this disappointed for a long time. Perhaps we would never win this cup but a winnable the to enter the last 16 and perhaps get a big draw and we never even tried.
    Gutted on so many levels...."

Comment

• How did hall and goss do?

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Yup. You look at the quality in that Derby side that are mid-table at the moment and start to fear for ourselves.
        6th in the league and just 2 points off the top.

Gonna be a very tough test.

Comment

• Missed opportunity and Macca making life hard for himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            Leadership needs to come from top 73 Amit is a front for TF still imo. and i would trust Fernandes to run a bath never mind QPR
            Amit will always be a front as TF & Ruben own 97%. End of.
            People have been shouting about playing with wingers. BOS & Pav played last night!

Comment

• Never will we have a better chance of a decent cup run than that and no bones about the manager has cost us.

Comment

• Some really bizarre comments from Macca in response to performance

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Missed opportunity and Macca making life hard for himself.
                  This.
                  Even a clapping seal like myself is annoyed about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Some really bizarre comments from Macca in response to performance
                    I think he was spot on. Kids didn't perform.

Comment

• What an absolute joke! I feel like we're a club in perpetual crisis and we need to get out of this mindset! I have to ask, what is the point of our club? Is the aim simply to survive and exist as a football club? Or do we intend to compete? Football is as much about business as it is about the sport itself and we do not succeed in either. So many clubs seem to be shadow of their former self as the gulf between the top and bottom grows. I have to ask myself, what is the point?

Comment

• There are two ways of looking at this.

It's either a missed revenue opportunity and a blown chance to restore confidence.

Or it's a purely pragmatic decision which has two benefits: a) it clearly showed that the limitations of certain players, this was Blackpool b) it has rested a few of them (whether they needed it or not).

By far the weirdest thing though is the total inability of the board to appoint a manager with a bit of vision. We missed so many good ones when we could afford them. The last sensible appointment was NW x 2. And then we got rid of him...

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          There are two ways of looking at this.

It's either a missed revenue opportunity and a blown chance to restore confidence.

Or it's a purely pragmatic decision which has two benefits: a) it clearly showed that the limitations of certain players, this was Blackpool b) it has rested a few of them (whether they needed it or not).

By far the weirdest thing though is the total inability of the board to appoint a manager with a bit of vision. We missed so many good ones when we could afford them. The last sensible appointment was NW x 2. And then we got rid of him...
                          And we had a vision and direction in the way we was going to go....and it`s been changed once again...just when we started producing.

Comment

• Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

And we had a vision and direction in the way we was going to go....and it`s been changed once again...just when we started producing.
                            Thing is Pinks he did play youngsters last night. And they were found wanting. No one can dispute that.

This year our division is the hardest it has been for four or five imo. We'll soon find out if SMac has learned anything.

Comment

• point is every time 11 walk on a pitch wearing OUR shirt they should be our best 11 , this was a chance to make a memory . we could have played man city next game , win or lose it would of been a great nite out

Comment

• Originally posted by powerrangers View Post

You are was spot on Powerrangers . But again,(memo to myself) I think we now have to move on. "We" have a match to play at the weekend
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X