Match Thread | PNE 2 QPR 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gator View Post
    Eze, BOS, Manning and Smyth when he came in all struggled against a physical team playing for their play off lives with a ref who facilitated that style of play, in fairness they weren't alone! Hopefully it was a learning experience for the youngsters because PNE may have put down a good blueprint for teams to neutralize these exciting kids next season!
    Yep agree

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      So gay
      Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      So homophobic
      I love this place,

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Eze was not great but still showed glimpses of what he is about. Don’t think Preston’s kill the game tactics helped him or the others
        Originally posted by Awin View Post
        I honestly feel it’s largely down to the new demands being made on him. He’s nota player who naturally defends from the front, more a creative / touch of magic kind of player.

Being now asked to defend, he is being distracted from his natural game.

It’s always a risk with a youth player coming through - namely you drill out the qualities that made them shine when they come in to the first team squad.
        Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Ring any bells? You need look no further than how Warnock handled Taarabt in a similar situation. So much so that he built the team around him and gave him the armband. Are we saying treat Eze the same way? Not necessarily as he's still developing, but do the club have something similar in mind for Eze long term?...
        Great debate some well informed views

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Great debate some well informed views
          Yeah, I think Stans reference to Adel is a good one. Both similar in that they need to be given that Number 10 type role to flourish. Like Taarabt, I don't think Eze suits playing as and out and out striker, or being asked to track back for that matter. Need to give him something of a free role off a central striker.

I think this may be why he was quiet yesterday. Combination of Preston's horrible, cynical stifling tactics, and the fact that Eze was being asked to do a bit of tracking back.

Comment

• Thought Preston really got onto Eze and snuffed him out with relative ease but this might be a good lesson for his development after taking the p*ss against Norwich.

Comment

Working...
            X