Match Thread: QPR v Huddersfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    We manage to win three in a row after six straight defeats!
    Great, so we need to lose another 3 games before we win again.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Top job from him then.
      He had a similar record in 2001.
      Like a stuck record lol, how did he do after that by the way??
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Don't really know much about Goss, but he must surely offer more than Luongo does.

Why was Morrison not selected.
        If he is fit he will also offer more in midfield and attack.
        Luongo was pony today.

Asked Andy Sinton after the game where Ravel was, his exact words were "the general consensus is he needs a few more weeks". All very odd.

I've stuck up for Mas in the past but today he was poor. Time to get Ravel and Goss in the mix.

2 big plusses for me today. Smith and Freeman, both did really well and should start moving forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          17 goals in 16 games under JFH (1.06 goals a game) or 13 goals in 15 games under Ollie (0.87 goals a game).

I wouldn't say we weren't willing to create chances by any stretch tbh. We took more chances under Jimmy if this is anything to go by.
          I hate stats Nas...they gloss over so many other factors.

What I see with my own eyes is a team that cares more but essentially isn't any better than Jimmy's team. I just hope we stay up! With a decent preseason I think we'll have and fighters chance next year!

Comment

• Missed everything today. 16 hours straight at work.

Pisser we lost.

Sounds like Freeman did a god job?

Folks calling for Perch to start ahead of Furlong, did he play RB?

Sounds like we were woeful 1st half but better second?

Good to hear Smith stepped up but not so that either of his two partners could make anything of it.....

What happened to the Pawel from the Reading match did he give up after getting his name on a contract?

We really need to be putting some of these chances away.

Consensus seems to be Luongo a passenger, well we need to get this Goss kid into the fold as we might be playing better?? But arent getting the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              Missed everything today. 16 hours straight at work.

Pisser we lost.

Sounds like Freeman did a god job?

Folks calling for Perch to start ahead of Furlong, did he play RB?

Sounds like we were woeful 1st half but better second?

Good to hear Smith stepped up but not so that either of his two partners could make anything of it.....

What happened to the Pawel from the Reading match did he give up after getting his name on a contract?

We really need to be putting some of these chances away.

Consensus seems to be Luongo a passenger, well we need to get this Goss kid into the fold as we might be playing better?? But arent getting the results.
              Freeman came on and was basically a skillful and talented mackie with a shot on him.

Perch played Centre back and was very average

We did well first 15 minutes, badly for the next 15, average for the 3rd 15, much better second half.

Smith was epic in the air, think he won 22 duels which is incredible, shame that the two players who played off him (Washington and Mackie) were so off the ball with their runs.

I actually thought Pawel had a solid enough first half but was really poor until subbed in the second, being shackled by defensive duties as a wing back may have hindered him more than we hoped

Washington should have done more than poke it weakly at the keeper with his chance but he gets the benefit of the doubt for that one because of the balance. Generally we were unlucky and Smith had a great chance and drew a solid save out of the keeper. With that being said, Freeman gave me hope that we have someone with a shot on him.

Those saying Luongo was a passenger must have missed the 63 times he was on the ball today with only Mooy on their side holding the ball for longer than he did. Helped by the fact that only Onuoha (who beyond their first goal was so much better than his partners today) made more tackles than Luongo. He's a scapegoat because he tries things and they don't always come off. People who think he doesn't chase are selectively viewing the match.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Freeman came on and was basically a skillful and talented mackie with a shot on him.

Perch played Centre back and was very average

We did well first 15 minutes, badly for the next 15, average for the 3rd 15, much better second half.

Smith was epic in the air, think he won 22 duels which is incredible, shame that the two players who played off him (Washington and Mackie) were so off the ball with their runs.

I actually thought Pawel had a solid enough first half but was really poor until subbed in the second, being shackled by defensive duties as a wing back may have hindered him more than we hoped

Washington should have done more than poke it weakly at the keeper with his chance but he gets the benefit of the doubt for that one because of the balance. Generally we were unlucky and Smith had a great chance and drew a solid save out of the keeper. With that being said, Freeman gave me hope that we have someone with a shot on him.

Those saying Luongo was a passenger must have missed the 63 times he was on the ball today with only Mooy on their side holding the ball for longer than he did. Helped by the fact that only Onuoha (who beyond their first goal was so much better than his partners today) made more tackles than Luongo. He's a scapegoat because he tries things and they don't always come off. People who think he doesn't chase are selectively viewing the match.
                Opinions I guess. I thought both Mas and Nedum were very poor yesterday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Opinions I guess. I thought both Mas and Nedum were very poor yesterday!
                  You know nothing must have missed the 63 times Luongo was on the ball. Or else, like me, you saw that, as is always the case, he did f ack all useful with it. And you saw of those 63 possessions his total inability to pass an attacking or a seriously creative pass which released our forwards. Or to carry the ball once of those 63 possessions at Huddersfield to unsettle them and create space and options. Like Freeman did. And you also saw his inability to track back with the fella who created their second with his run onto the edge of our box. Please, like me, pay attention next time. And admire the footballing God whose brilliance in our central midfield explains why we are top of the championship and bang on for promotion.

Comment

• I didn`t see the match yesterday, but having read through reports and comments from those who went, it looks like we should have brought in a midfielder like Henry(with a bit more pace than he has got, preferably) during the january window. Just a thought?
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• The one thing that was evident yesterday was how much more fluid Huddersfield were as a team. All their midfielders passed and moved forward as you saw for the first goal. Luongo unfortunately is just not as good as I thought or hoped he would be and the most important stats in any game is goals for and against and again yesterday we came up short.

Comment

• 1973, are we experimenting with too many formations, do you think?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Far too many strange selections for my liking considering our position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            You know nothing must have missed the 63 times Luongo was on the ball. Or else, like me, you saw that, as is always the case, he did f ack all useful with it. And you saw of those 63 possessions his total inability to pass an attacking or a seriously creative pass which released our forwards. Or to carry the ball once of those 63 possessions at Huddersfield to unsettle them and create space and options. Like Freeman did. And you also saw his inability to track back with the fella who created their second with his run onto the edge of our box. Please, like me, pay attention next time. And admire the footballing God whose brilliance in our central midfield explains why we are top of the championship and bang on for promotion.
                            I don't dislike Luongo you know. I think there is a player in there. But as you say, he can touch the ball 630 times, if he doesn't do anything useful with it then it means nothing.

We need to get Goss fit and let Mas have a rest in my opinion.

Comment

• They were both poor but don't bother trying to get that point across. You'll have a load of irrelevant stats thrown at you. Sideways and backwards passes are not going to win you matches. Ned was good apart from the first goal? Lofl. It's still yet another goal that he's directly involved in. 93rd minute and with the loft screeming at him to pump the ball forward what does he do? Pass back under no pressure whatsoever. Freeman changed the game when he came on, mass and manning are too lightweight to play together. Totally overrun

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                1973, are we experimenting with too many formations, do you think?
                                Yes, daft ones. We need to stick to basics - and do them right - at the moment. Whether you are an Ollie fan or not the one thing he isn't is clever and trying to be could get us relegated. Play people in their right positions and let them concentrate on doing their job instead of moving them round like a game of chess. At one point yesterday we had Ned at right back, Perch at centre back and Manning left back so Huddersfield's next attack came down their right wing....not exactly rocket science.

Comment

Working...
                                X