England v Italy Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
    You're completely disregarding the cionditions though, which is massively unfair to the players.
    Oh diddums to the players! The fact that twonk Cahill got cramp is just embarrassing. Welbeck, Henderson - sure, but Cahill?! We are under prepared and lack match fitness in these conditions. Italy didn't seem to have a problem, not did Holland and Spain.

I'll just sit back from now on and enjoy the patheticness of our national team whilst not expecting anything then I can't get pěssed off when we get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      You should have left when quaz left. No one respects you and Stanley leaves you standing. If you think Gerrard was woeful then that's your opinion. Not sure much blame can be placed on Hart

Hart is partly responsible for controlling the back-four.

Communication between the back-four and the keeper is crucial in any games Imo.

As for Rooney, he could of nicked one in, but he couldn't.

He is no doubt England's best choice but that doesn't save him from the public's outrage.

I hope Rooney shows hes a real deal in the following game.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        You should have left when quaz left. No one respects you and Stanley leaves you standing. If you think Gerrard was woeful then that's your opinion. Not sure much blame can be placed on Hart
        Stevie was totally ineffective and pointless. He may well not have been on the pitch akin to Rooney.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
          Oh diddums to the players! The fact that twonk Cahill got cramp is just embarrassing. Welbeck, Henderson - sure, but Cahill?! We are under prepared and lack match fitness in these conditions. Italy didn't seem to have a problem, not did Holland and Spain.

I'll just sit back from now on and enjoy the patheticness of our national team whilst not expecting anything then I can't get pěssed off when we get knocked out.
          Italy weren't chasing the game, and the Holland Spain game wasn't played in the same conditions?

You do realise that the games aren't all being played at the same stadium, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
            What summed it up for me with the English mentality was when Pirlo passed a cracking pass, fizzed it in to his midfield partner and the commentator says "That is a risky pass". Was it F**K the guy just trusts his team mates ability to control a ball at pace in a tight space. Pirlo ran the show at 35 years of age, and we do not have any player in the country who can play like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
              Welbeck is complete utter crap against Son Heung Min
              Who the hell is Son Heung Min is that supposed to mean something to me?? Ive never heard of him and chances are I will never hear of him again outside of this thread

Same as me saying Phil Mycock is the best player out there he likes to go in hard, is heavy in the tackle, has good ball skills, likes going down head first around the box and leaves the girls soaking wet

Its just nonsense talk and for the record Wellbeck scored a hat trick last season in the Premier League and has scored regularly for England in recent times so does that mean he out points Dim Tin Kim Fin

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Who the hell is Son Heung Min is that supposed to mean something to me?? Ive never heard of him and chances are I will never hear of him again outside of this thread

Same as me saying Phil Mycock is the best player out there he likes to go in hard, is heavy in the tackle, has good ball skills, likes going down head first around the box and leaves the girls soaking wet

Its just nonsense talk and for the record Wellbeck scored a hat trick last season in the Premier League and has scored regularly for England in recent times so does that mean he out points Dim Tin Kim Fin
                I don't know if it's nonsense talk Wests, I can relate to Phil Mycock...... well used to
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Thought we played quite well overall, the younger players (except Wilshere, who is awful) were especially good. Not much Hart could do with the first goal as he must have seen it very late, but someone shouldve got out and closed down quickly. Rooney's cross for Sturridge was superb but that was the only thing he did of note all game. Baines was well below par for me, should have stopped the cross for the second goal, and not enough was done to stop Balotelli. Plus points: Sterling was magnificent, the Welbeck and Sturridge work well together, Henderson seems to have improved, Barkley looks a good prospect, Jagielka played well.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2