No announcement yet.

Wish you were here..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my card today...it went in the bin to be honest!
    What pee'd me off was the pantz about the flash stuff, the gimmics to why I should buy! Fact is I will be there, season ticket with a saving of £21 or so is not good for my budget as I will like last season miss games due to work, had the feel good 'community' spirt been there, then like last year I would have renewed but it isn't and I haven't felt 'part of it' for some time!
    So it will be membership only this year although I will be at as many games as last year and hopefully more aways ( as I have put in my leave for them ).
    Having spent so much time in an effort to convey to the powers that be to include the fans into their dream, to encourge back lapse season ticket holders with something of real value, to encourage families to LR all to no real avail, I found getting this through the post a real kick in the nads to be blunt!

As has been said, they need to spend more time to find out why, not promise fireworks for the opening game for it to turn into annother damp squib.
    QPR fans are on the whole right minded intelegent people, we don't need gimmics and we see through spin and bull, we just want to remain as and be included into 'our club', we don't want to be fobbed off or given you only spend £20 a game speaches, we have invested a life time into our passion and will invest a whole lot more as time goes on and if treated right, there is no boundries as to how we will get behind our team.
    So they can stick their glossy card it means nothing, engage with the fans and do something meaningfull, as that means everything and then they can save a few bob as they won't need to print them again!!!!

Rant over

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
      The reported reasons Flavio chose QPR out of all the other clubs you refer to are:

a) Our location, saying it was the closest London club to the city centre and as such had huge potential. (Ecclestone originally wanted Arsenal or Chelsea but Flav persuaded him to come in to QPR).

b) Because he was excited about the challenge of building up a smaller club, taking it to the top, from the brink of extinction, which is where we were at the time.

Yes the Champions League comment was naive at best and downright foolish at worst. But Mittal is still Europe's richest man so like you say - "you never know".

In the mid-70s we were AVERAGING 25,000 crowds, and that was when we were a much poorer club than we are today and being run by a 2nd hand car salesman. Our record attendance is about 38,000. If we were to eventually move stadium who's to say what our potential crowds could be now that we have all this investment.
      I know all the background and the history mate but what I tend to do is look at the facts in front of me. I don't believe the cost of ST's will ever fall dramatically our supporters have struggled to come to terms with them at present I can't see another 12000 accepting it.

'But we will be in the Premiership' I hear someone cry 'it will be value for money' - Rubbish! Why? Because our supporters will be saying 'how come Fulhams Season Tickets are half the price of ours' or 'Man Utd Season Tickets are cheaper than ours' or 'at Villa under 8's go for nothing'.

I understand what you are saying about the 70's but I can only see us filling a 25k ground for 5/6 big games a season the rest would hover around the 18/19k mark (if that). I'm not saying we are potentially not capable, I'm just not convinced we would be able to find that amount of supporters to stump at that amount of cash. The Board have decided that it is more cost effective to raise the bar and set prices as they are instead of filling the stadium with supporters who have purchased cheaper Season Tickets. I would love to see the ground filled week in week out but I'm afraid it will only happen now if we supporters put our hands in our pockets and invest in the club (and stop looking at it as lining Flavios pockets which it isn't if your honest with yourselves).

There is no point in comparing us to Norwich, Burnley or any other one team towns / cities either the model is different we are one small team in a city with 13 other professional football clubs. These guys know that no matter what we will average between 12-14000 regardless as we must have one of the most consistant average attendances over the past 20 + years in all 4 divisons - we have a very loyal fan base. It is this very loyal fan base they want to build upon and depsite or the moaning about not renewing etc it will always be there year in year out.

I think this club is laying some very solid foundations and in a few seasons time when we are in the PL and the club opens its accounts to the general public you'll see what it was all about. We will be debt free, self sufficient and economically stable - one of very few clubs to be able to say this as well. Maybe then all the doom merchants might just understand why we never went on a wreckless spending spree to get out of the second tier of english football.
      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 02-08-2009, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
        The reported reasons Flavio chose QPR out of all the other clubs you refer to are:

a) Our location, saying it was the closest London club to the city centre and as such had huge potential. (Ecclestone originally wanted Arsenal or Chelsea but Flav persuaded him to come in to QPR).

b) Because he was excited about the challenge of building up a smaller club, taking it to the top, from the brink of extinction, which is where we were at the time.

Yes the Champions League comment was naive at best and downright foolish at worst. But Mittal is still Europe's richest man so like you say - "you never know".

In the mid-70s we were AVERAGING 25,000 crowds, and that was when we were a much poorer club than we are today and being run by a 2nd hand car salesman. Our record attendance is about 38,000. If we were to eventually move stadium who's to say what our potential crowds could be now that we have all this investment.
        Spot on mate, at the end of the day football must be affordable to the working class.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

I think this club is laying some very solid foundations and in a few seasons time when we are in the PL and the club opens its accounts to the general public you'll see what it was all about. We will be debt free, self sufficient and economically stable - one of very few clubs to be able to say this as well. Maybe then all the doom merchants might just understand why we never went on a wreckless spending spree to get out of the second tier of english football.
          Remind me of how many debt free clubs there are in the premier then kindly elucidate as to how we will be unique in being the 1 and only club in the premier who is debt free self sufficient and economically stable?
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsOfEssex View Post
            I got my card today...it went in the bin to be honest!
            What pee'd me off was the pantz about the flash stuff, the gimmics to why I should buy! Fact is I will be there, season ticket with a saving of £21 or so is not good for my budget as I will like last season miss games due to work, had the feel good 'community' spirt been there, then like last year I would have renewed but it isn't and I haven't felt 'part of it' for some time!
            So it will be membership only this year although I will be at as many games as last year and hopefully more aways ( as I have put in my leave for them ).
            Having spent so much time in an effort to convey to the powers that be to include the fans into their dream, to encourge back lapse season ticket holders with something of real value, to encourage families to LR all to no real avail, I found getting this through the post a real kick in the nads to be blunt!

As has been said, they need to spend more time to find out why, not promise fireworks for the opening game for it to turn into annother damp squib.
            QPR fans are on the whole right minded intelegent people, we don't need gimmics and we see through spin and bull, we just want to remain as and be included into 'our club', we don't want to be fobbed off or given you only spend £20 a game speaches, we have invested a life time into our passion and will invest a whole lot more as time goes on and if treated right, there is no boundries as to how we will get behind our team.
            So they can stick their glossy card it means nothing, engage with the fans and do something meaningfull, as that means everything and then they can save a few bob as they won't need to print them again!!!!

Rant over
            Absolutely SPOT ON !! Exactly why i started this thread,to see if others feel the same as me,i want back the buzz and the feel good factor,we,the loyal fans deserve it and a wish you were here card is not enough,they need to understand why they had to send them in the first place !!!!

Comment

Working...
            X