So, start Balanta against Blackpool??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, start Balanta against Blackpool??

Firstly I'd like to say that I'm not having a sordid gay love affair with the kid! As I know that I've been going on about him a fair bit!! lofl

But, for me I dont see what else he has to do to warrant getting in the starting eleven...he's come through the youth ranks, broken into the first team, had a decent loan spell out and he's not only bagged some goals in pre season but everyone thats seen him play says he's on fire.

Couple in that noises from the training ground are saying he's looking a better option than all of our strikers. (albeit I think I'M a better option than Helguson lol)

Yes, he's only 19 and has years before he'll probably hit his peak but I think having a bit of a maverick, someone who's a bit of an unknown flying at the opposition could be a nice little weapon for us. Lets face it, the majority of opposing managers/coaches have probably not even watched him play yet so he's a bit of an unknown entity.

I lost faith in Helguson last year and Ageymang isnt impressing it sounds in pre season...
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Since we now have a very good midfield, and less chance of hoofball then he might do very well as the nippy skillfull striker, you dont allways need to play with a battering ram cf.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

i say give him a chance...heard he looks good in the friendlys and training so why not? cant be worse than HH :-)

Comment

Id maybe play him on the wing, deffo NOT upfront, too inexperianced and lightweight for that role atm.

Comment

I'd play Tarrabt and Vine up front and Balanta on the left. Gorman was excited about him, but just got this gut feeling they will regard it as a gamble. I would like to see them gamble, but think like many other managers they will play safe in Vine and Ageymang/Helguson.

They may realise after 4-6 games, thats a mistake.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

TBH, i'd play Balanta rather then any of the other forwards we have, maybe that's why the club haven't gone out & splashed out on a striker, surely it can't be because of Angy & HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we dont get another striker, then i'd settle for Balanta or maybe Tarrabt alongside Vine

Comment

For me Balanta would be ahead of HH and Ageymang at this point in time, problem is managers tend to look at the senior pros and have a biased view you only grab chances through injuries, when you are a youngster.

Would be a great move in my opinion. Imagine being HH or Ageymang, you would get the message you are not good enough, than you either improve yourself or leave. You want competition for places, than thats the best way. Not so much HH, but Ageymang;s body language portrays a confidence and belief his starting place is secure.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Balanta should NOT play up front and I know we haven't signed a quality striker but that doesn't mean we take a silly gamble. He is very lightweight and small. He might work if we was Man utd but not in the championship when the ball won't always be played on the deck.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agree with Pete and PK...Think though this could be make or break season for both HH and Pat.

Myonly fear is that if balanta starts..and fails...how long before fans get on his back?

Comment

[QUOTE=Spencer;87994]Agree with Pete and PK...Think though this could be make or break season for both HH and Pat.

My only fear is that if balanta starts..and fails...how long before fans get on his back?[/QUOTE]

and then the boards back for not buying a quality forward which they have known about for at least 18 months

Comment

facto's philosophy is thus............'never change a winning team' ,except thru injury'......'play players who are on form'!!!!................simples!!!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

at the moment i'd probably go for:

Routledge-----Faurlin----Buzsaky----Balanta

-------------Taarabt------------------------

---------------------Helguson/Vine---------------

Comment

Vine is a must.
                          Much more of a must than Balanta.
                          I wil not go on pre season form as we have played crap opposition and they are training games. U need to play your best players and Vine is 1 of them

Comment

----------------Cerny----------------

Ramage---Connolly---Stewart---Gorkss

--------Leigertwood----Faurlin--------

Routledge------Buzsaky--------Taarabt

-----------------Vine-----------------

mainly for the reason, i havent seen balanta in pre season, but ill take peoples words so he could slot in somewhere

Comment

I like that side.

Comment

Working...
                              X