Alejandro Damian Faurlin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alejandro Damian Faurlin!

a QPR fan called in on the world football show (a football phone in on Radio 5)
    it's a football show with football pundits from around the world (it is on around 1am to 4am, i think) anyway this QPR fan asked the South American expert about Faurlin, well he admitted he's never seen him play as he's out of the Argentinian 2nd Div and said a lot of eyebrows have been raised about the transfer in Argentina, the QPR fan said we paid £3.5M for him & the pundit agreed!! & kept going on about how strange it was, he did say that Faurlin was being chased by a mid-table Argentinian 1st Div team, but just kept on saying......very strange, very strange :confused:

In 1/2 weeks we should be able judge for ourselves then our supporters will not feel the need to phone in radio shows and ask South American football 'experts' about players they have never seen play.

Lets be fair this guy could have been the South American equvilant of Ian Wright in football punditry terms.

Comment

well

well we are most likely going to have to accept that we most p[robabley have bought very badley but we have to accept that we knew magilton has never been able to buy players but perhaps through some miracle we can still go up

Comment

Give the guy a chance ffs,
        God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
          well we are most likely going to have to accept that we most p[robabley have bought very badley but we have to accept that we knew magilton has never been able to buy players but perhaps through some miracle we can still go up
          The pundit doesn't sound all that good if he don't even know the players:horror:

Comment

I heard at the Westfield centre that an argentine kid was going crazy when he spotted Faulin saying he is going to be a brilliant player
            The future's Amit the futures not orange

Comment

I wouldn't read much into it.

How much knowledge of the Argie 2nd tier players would a uk based South American correspondant really have. He may even focus on the Brazilian league more for all we know.

Equivelant may be a Spaanish European correspondant based in south america being asked about a ccc player....

Comment

Originally posted by GARO1967 View Post
                I heard at the Westfield centre that an argentine kid was going crazy when he spotted Faulin saying he is going to be a brilliant player
                i thought it was a bloke but anyway yeah he was pretty hyped about him

Comment

I think this deal has a bit of a whiff about it I am afraid. it doesnt add up

3.5M for a unknown 2nd division player doesnt make much sense for any chapionship team.

for qpr to suddenly send 3.5M on anyone would be a shock given recent history. to spend 3.5M on a punt on an unknown argentinian is even more unlikely.

I very much hope it turns out ok
                  its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

i wouldn't say he was an unknown player if he had an agreement to join inter milan who we had to pay £500,000 in compensation for him to join us, inter are no mugs when it comes to spotting talent

Comment

I am not going to go into the transfer, as I will get accused of spinning.

What I can tell you is that I have seen him play, the kid is class. You will see that for yourself in due course.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        I am not going to go into the transfer, as I will get accused of spinning.

What I can tell you is that I have seen him play, the kid is class. You will see that for yourself in due course.
                        Didn't you say that about Ledesma ??
                        We Are The People.....

Comment

just wait and see
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            In 1/2 weeks we should be able judge for ourselves then our supporters will not feel the need to phone in radio shows and ask South American football 'experts' about players they have never seen play.

Lets be fair this guy could have been the South American equvilant of Ian Wright in football punditry terms.
                            To be fair the guy was Tim Vickery who is generally acknowledged as one of the leading European experts on South American football, though his speciality is Brazilian rather than Argie football. His opinion is still worth something but, as you say, he hasn't seen him play so it will be far better for all of us to judge Faurlin when we see him play. However, the World Football Phone-In is a good show (if you can't sleep) and always an interesting place to hear about new foreign signings that we have yet to see play.
                            Last edited by MrSwakeley; 25-07-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

he will probably be off the bench for a few games as i can't see him starting as he has not had enough game time with the team.it maybe better that way, if he starts badly the boo boys will be on his back

Comment

Working...
                              X