Lay off Agyemang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lay off Agyemang

Why are people getting on agyemang's back and slating him before a ball is even kicked in the season?

It looks like dex is gone and many times over the past few seasons he had been the scapegoat in the forward line, I just hope now that dex is supposedly gone agyemang isn't going to become the new target.

He done well when he came in and was at his best when playing alongside vine up front, They had a run of 4 or 5 games where they were awsome together, they both have had bad luck with injuries but given time they may well form a goal scoring partnership yet again when both fit. Agyemang runs his socks off and is always looking for the ball and pressuring defenders.

I want new strikers that are proven at this level as much as the next man but if we don't get anyone in lets get behind the strikers we have and hope they come up with the goods
    "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

I agree and hope we do bring in one who is better than what we have otherwise don't bother at all.

Let's hope Vine & Agyemang can produce the goods once again.

Comment

2 goals in his last 32 games for the club (not friendlies) - all the tactical nouce of Steve Slade - there's 2 reasons for starters.
      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Did not look interested whatsoever in Slovenia and I understand he did not exactly break sweat last night either and with what three years left on a nice contract I dont suppose he has to really!! :(

Comment

So how many of those 32 games did he play up front with vine???
          "The New Era"

Comment

Originally posted by Bwarren20 View Post
            I want new strikers that are proven at this level as much as the next man but if we don't get anyone in lets get behind the strikers we have and hope they come up with the goods
            Its sad we have to resort to 'hope'. But if thats all there is so be it.
            Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

nothing against him, he just isn't very good

Comment

panic buy in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                  Did not look interested whatsoever in Slovenia and I understand he did not exactly break sweat last night either and with what three years left on a nice contract I dont suppose he has to really!! :(
                  Well that doesn't sound like the agyemang we are use to seeing as he is normally running round like a loon putting in a decent shift.

When we signed him it really exposed just how lazy blackstock was, but to be fair to dex he came up with 10+ goals most seasons, I just think getting on the players backs ain't gonna score us goals
                  "The New Era"

Comment

But why do this club's favourite trick of waiting till the season is half way over to recognise what was obvious all along that we need someone to score goals - and then, surprise, surprise, they will say "v difficult to sign decent players in the winter transfer window. We'd better wait till next summer..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bwarren20 View Post
                      Well that doesn't sound like the agyemang we are use to seeing as he is normally running round like a loon putting in a decent shift.

When we signed him it really exposed just how lazy blackstock was, but to be fair to dex he came up with 10+ goals most seasons, I just think getting on the players backs ain't gonna score us goals
                      Please dont get me wrong as I have no intention of getting on any players back as I believe when anyone puts on the Hoops they deserve our 100% support regardless of our individual opinions on his abilities.

I am actually a fan of him but I still feel the contract was far too long and perhaps takes some of the hunger to impress from him thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        panic buy in the first place.
                        Yeah maybe he was but those 7 goals in 8 games came in rather handy don't you think? I wouldn't say his form then was a fluke, the lengh of contract we gave him surprised me to be honest I would of given him two years
                        "The New Era"

Comment

the four year contract wouldn't actually be a problem if he was any good. you want to keep hold of assets, or at the very least sell them on for what you paid for them. but all those who think agyman can do the business for us - who do you think wd buy him, both for what we paid for him and on the wages he is presumably on? Answer: no one.

Comment

Viney will be a hit and to be honest he is like a new signing having missed the best part of last season
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              the four year contract wouldn't actually be a problem if he was any good. you want to keep hold of assets, or at the very least sell them on for what you paid for them. but all those who think agyman can do the business for us - who do you think wd buy him, both for what we paid for him and on the wages he is presumably on? Answer: no one.
                              So I guess when he went on the run of games you thought he was rubbish? Did you come on here and tell everyone what a bad signing we'd just made?

All I'm says is when agyemang went on that good run of form playing up front with vine nobody was moaning, now they've both been injured and pat has played a handfull of games and your on his back.
                              "The New Era"

Comment

Working...
                              X