Quick Report From Celje

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Report From Celje

It was good to visit this stadium, which is probably the best in Slovenia, though with no rail system after 7pm, there was no way of getting the train back. it cost over 100 euros to get back to the hotel !!! this after the slowest train journey to Celje in the first place. Good to meet Isleworthranger in Celje, even though he had a trip from hell too, having his flight cancelled and then at the last minute being able to get the flight.

Onto the game, this Faulin will be class. You can tell by the way he sprayed the ball left and right, he will be a good acquistion. Man of the match would have been Balanta, but Faulin would not have been far behind in only his first game for the club. The team we played were far better than Aldershot and a clear step up for the players and in the first 40 minutes, we were the superior team. It has been very hot out here, Ageymang was either succumbed by the heat or these freindly matches don,t mean too much to him, Have to say this was the second friendly he has been out of sorts. Helgusson was far better of the front two and had a couple of good chances, which he missed, but Balanta on the left was the player who was taking on the Celje players with ease. Faurlin knows how to do the cross field pass and found Routledge more than once. Have to say Routledge who played both wings, showed tremendous pace and was the best I,ve seen him play for a long time (abeit on a friendly) Not sure, who played left back (speaker system was not good and you guys probably know more than me at the moment) have to say he was nothing special. Hard to tell, but Borrowdale who came on the second half played just as well.

I,m sure another defender came on in the second half that I did not reconise!!. I think he slotted into right back and it was not Oastler. Getting any team news out here is pretty difficult.

It became a little disjointed in the second half, with so many subs, but poor old Helgusson hit the bar in the second half with a great header and we had a goal disallowed in the final minute for no apparant reason. I have managed to film parts of the game and got our two goals on film and the disallowed goal, no doubt QPR World will get in first but it will enable you at first hand to see both Faulin and the new left back. After the journey from hell yesterday, not sure if I will make my way to Croatia which promises to be an even longer trip, but if I hear anything I will let you know what is going on. We had one substiute who as on the bench, that did not come on. It was not someone familar to me, but he was defiinitely a player and not a coach or assistant.

Some of the players were sitting central and I did not see a couple of players, though they were probably all there. I,m sure Cook is not here and I did not see Buzsacky or Blackstock. This does not mean anything, its just I did not see them!!. Isleworthranger his wife, Debbie and I met the Celje president and he showed us around the trophy room and gave us a brief history of Celje football club. I have videoed bits of the day and hope to have this up soon.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Cheers Pete
    oh well that was fun

Comment

Who is this "Faulin", Pete?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Faurlin Apologies

Just to add, Nice to meet fans who actually live in Slovenia that support QPR which shows we have support around Europe.

I am actually surrounded by WBA fans to which there are about 10, who have come for the pre-season tour of Slovenia too.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Cheers Pete
          Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Well done Pete good report fella!!

Comment

Good stuff mate.

I look forward to the vids.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

The vids should be good, the train stations out here are about 50 years behind ours

Comment

Glad you got back ok Pete

Only Five Euros to get in the game and pretty nice tickets as well to quite a decent stadium all in all.

Balanta and Faurlin were very impressive I thought and I think a draw was a fair result in the end.

The President as Pete says called us over at the end and invited us in to his office to have a cold beer and showed us the history etc of the club and could not have been a prouder man of his team.

Took me nearly 12 hours to get to Celje in the end and today I am off to Lubjana for a couple of days and sample some more excellent local beer.

Comment

I had to ask the driver to the turn the meter off at 120 euros !! I was still about 8 miles away

Not sure Ićm gonna do the Croatia game after that!!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

I had to ask the driver to the turn the meter off at 120 euros !! I was still about 8 miles away

Not sure Ićm gonna do the Croatia game after that!!
                      120 Euros???

How far did you have to travel mate?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        120 Euros???

How far did you have to travel mate?
                        I am in a hotel a mile from the ground but good old Pete dropped me off first

He then had a two hour taxi ride to the Hungarian border

Comment

Stick that mission.

Comment

Cheers Pete
                            Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

fair play lads, and thanks 4 report pete. fingers crossed for faurlin, and also hope balanta gets a chance this season

Comment

Working...
                              X