X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes Interview

Not sure if this has been posted but a great piece in the Standard

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-abramovich.do

"There's potential for another stadium," Fernandes says. "The most obvious one would be somewhere in White City. There are parcels of land around there, some owned by the BBC. Westfield has opened up a lot of potential, and we would be looking for a stadium of 40-45,000."

This is not only a big leap from the 19,000 that Loftus Road can hold but Fernandes does not rule out sharing.

He says: "My first game in Italy was AC Milan v Inter Milan. These are two of the biggest clubs in the world and they share a stadium. I'm not saying that we're going to do it, but there's nothing that should be not looked at."
    "Trust In Warnock" - Don't just type it - Do It.

Comment

Isn't it great to have our club back again!!!!
      oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

f*** sharing with the sc um or foolham
        Last edited by SullivanQPR; 20-09-2011, 01:43 PM. Reason: language.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

"The most obvious one would be somewhere in White City. There are parcels of land around there, some owned by the BBC. Westfield has opened up a lot of potential and we would be looking for a stadium of 40-45,000."

Interesting. Big plans afoot it seems. Bhatia says a site has already been identified.

Comment

Not too sure about the ground sharing bit to.be honest...
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I love what the bloke done for Qpr but there is no way I will be supporting the ground sharing idea... forget it, never!

Comment

It wouldn't be Fulham, think about it?? wait for the reaction.....

Comment

A stadium of 40-45,000 would not be big enough for Chelski's plans though?
                  Don't they have that now? I read last week that ideally they would like to add another 15-20000 seats but it can't be done at the current ground.

Comment

Um, Tony, um,......... God this is embarrassing um...........I'm not level headed, and would expect you to be like Shiek Mansoor and Roman Abramovich.......Just saying like....

Sorry big fan of Life of Brian.Just reminded me of scene when fella says"their ain't one person in this room who wouldn't die for the cause". Then you hear voice at back say "Erm there is one"

Comment

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                      A stadium of 40-45,000 would not be big enough for Chelski's plans though?
                      Don't they have that now? I read last week that ideally they would like to add another 15-20000 seats but it can't be done at the current ground.
                      They want to redevelop and cant we want to redevelop and cant, they would be happy with a new stadium of around 45k, they wouldn't sell out a stadium of 50k or more simply haven't got that kind off fan base now. There current site is worth fortunes , ours not so, it would seem if the Chairman has any ideas of sharing it would be with them.

Comment

I think ground share would be a big no no, and the fans would let them no in no uncertain fashion i would imagine.

Anyway, the main benefit of a new purpose built stadium is to maximise it's revenue generation 365 days a year instead of maybe 25... this is done by many clus with conferencing suites, hotels, restaurants, etc etc etc....

If you share the stadium you will by default just be restricting your financial opportunities going forward so i don't really see the point

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          I think ground share would be a big no no, and the fans would let them no in no uncertain fashion i would imagine.

Anyway, the main benefit of a new purpose built stadium is to maximise it's revenue generation 365 days a year instead of maybe 25... this is done by many clus with conferencing suites, hotels, restaurants, etc etc etc....

If you share the stadium you will by default just be restricting your financial opportunities going forward so i don't really see the point
                          Not restricting, sharing!

Half a sixpence is better than half of nothing.

Comment

I wish u wouldn't get technical.

Must admit i'd be very against the idea of sharing. We must surely want our own ground, although u could argue the emirates was where it all started to go wrong for the gunners
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

think th eidea of a ground share will become the reality for a lot of clubs, the fianacial advantages are huge and if you look at italy there are some huge rivalries roma lazio inter ac and they share, they still hate each other mind

if it was the case that we do it and move to survive or stay as we are and dont surviive we would all have to consider it

Comment

Working...
                              X