QPR sign problem forward from lowly Carlisle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR sign problem forward from lowly Carlisle

I wonder how that news would have been handled by some if we had message boards in the 70's. Perhaps some of us should learn to give players a chance before writing them off. Many were clamouring for Cox, but it could be said that he was a failed striker with Reading, if we have signed this Italian just give him a chance he may turn out to be the next Bowles, Marsh or Ferdinand.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Post of the day
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Thats Qpr fans for you and I'm not sure its even him. He will get booed by some, before he has even kicked a ball. When will we learn?

Give some-one at least 6-8 games before making a judgment. No-one on here is expert in Italian football.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Keep it stum ya numpties

Comment

Maybe the same policy can be applied to managers as well (for a change).

Comment

very good post

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
              Maybe the same policy can be applied to managers as well (for a change).

Post of the day.

Comment

Post of the month !!!!!!!!! more like
                Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Thats Qpr fans for you and I'm not sure its even him. He will get booed by some, before he has even kicked a ball. When will we learn?

Give some-one at least 6-8 games before making a judgment. No-one on here is expert in Italian football.
                  That post was going so well until..."6-8 games"! How on earth is that enough time to judge a player OR a manager? Typical knee jerk reaction of a typical fan who wants everything NOW!
                  Contrast that to a Reading fan I spoke to last week, who told me Rodgers was a great appointment and that the Reading fans are looking for a couple of consolidation seasons blooding their youngsters before another push for the Prem.

Not just you, Pete; there are so many on here including you that preach about giving people time then ruin all those words with statements like judge them after 6-8 games!

Give them a season at least!

Hang on though, didn't Flab ask for time and patience from the fans after he let go of his fifth manager in two years? Is Pete actually Flabio? They have the same quality 0f english and I've never seen them in the same room together!

Comment

Hmmm of course you could harldly have called them "lowly carlisle"
                    they were in the old 2nd division when we signed Stan bowles in august/september having just been relegated from the old first division so it was more like us signing a player from West Brom rather than a "lowly" club
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                      Hmmm of course you could harldly have called them "lowly carlisle"
                      they were in the old 2nd division when we signed Stan bowles in august/september having just been relegated from the old first division so it was more like us signing a player from West Brom rather than a "lowly" club
                      Not quite right they were in the old Second Division but didn't get promoted to the first until after we had signed Stan. We were the bigger club at the time and I certainly classed them as 'lowly' when we got this unknown from them. I could easily have put lowly York for John Byrne or Hayes for Les or even Blackpool for Sinclair. My point was we have a tendency to judge before we even see a player kick a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                        Not quite right they were in the old Second Division but didn't get promoted to the first until after we had signed Stan. We were the bigger club at the time and I certainly classed them as 'lowly' when we got this unknown from them. I could easily have put lowly York for John Byrne or Hayes for Les or even Blackpool for Sinclair. My point was we have a tendency to judge before we even see a player kick a ball.
                        yeah they were really lowly.we finished 4th they 10th a whole 11 points behind us. And he was hardly unknown ,he was tearing defences to pieces thats why we bought him. also at that time we had spent one year in our history in the top flight so not really much bigger either.

Comment

6 to 8 games:waaaht: so going on that premise sir les,stan bowles, and practically all our legends would have been dumped on the scrap heap:devil:.how about judging him at the end of the season for a change.
                          what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

I was a teenager in '72 and I had not heard of him before he joined us, and remember standing on the old School End terrace for his debut and everyone around me saying who is this bloke we have just signed. As for the lowly bit, they certainly were not one of the big names of the day, although neither were we and it was not like signing McLintock or Webb who had won silverware at other clubs. Plus with only 2 points for a win, 11 points was quite a lot then.
                            Last edited by kingo; 12-07-2009, 04:47 PM.

Comment

fair point about the first division bit but i do think you will find that they had been consistently in the 2nd division for a number of seasons, more in fact than we hasd spent in the 2nd and first in total, they had financial problems and had lost frank worthington that summer, se;;ing bowles was the start of a slide from which they never really recovered. He certainly wasnt unknown he was a bit of a youth star but nobody could handle him. if city had been able to control him they would probably never have bought Rodney from us.

Take your point about byrne and ferdinand, and of course just like a manager you have to give a player a chance and that means a lot more than 6-8 blooming games for sure.
                              Last edited by PeterG; 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM.
                              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
                              X