Balanta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balanta?

Where does everyone think his best position is?

Stricker?
    Winger?
    Attacking midfield?
    Free role behind the forward?

And do you think he should go out on loan?

I definitely think he can be a real asset next season and i reckon he should be played just behind a 'big' forward, maybe Helguson

Best position next season wd be out on loan, pref with a smaller championship club, failing that a good league one club. too good for league two.

Comment

He spends more time on Facebook than I do, dont know how he has time to be a Pro Footballer

Comment

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=150529

Have a read of this article from a players event where a fan spoke to Matt Connolly about Balanta.

He said "He`s an absolute natural and he`s brilliant. He`s quite like Berbatov!". For someone who has played with the likes of Henry, Van Persie, Bergkamp etc that is not a bad complement is it?

Comment

up front
          WE ARE QPR

Comment

Don't matter IMO.

The lad is class and can do a job in all positions mentioned.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Seen him in training a few times and he looks absolutely top notch...the minutes he's had on the pitch he's really livened the game up. Sousa had a problem with him though - something I never worked out. (I did actually ask and sousa mumbled something about "not head of a winner - like me")

Has a great attitude and really gets on with the rest of the team (none of them have a bad word to say about him)

For me, striker, maybe in the free role behind the forward..... certainly think next season will be a big opportunity for both him and Antonio and here's hoping they can cement their places in the team - good to see some youth coming through
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Best position next season wd be out on loan, pref with a smaller championship club, failing that a good league one club. too good for league two.
                I've been drawing attention to the fact we can't loan him out for ages - this will be even more prevalent if we sell Blackstock.
                So many on here keep posting their desired team for next season but continue to overlook the 4 home grown player rule.
                Balanta is one of very few players we have that fits the criteria of this rule so I cannot envisage any circumstances in which he will be loaned out. The rule will kick in from the start of the season so bame 4 players in our squad that fit the rule. Home grown, which translates to at the club for 3 years or more prior to their 21st birthday - irrespective of nationality. It's a tough one.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

on the bench or out on loan, not good enough for starting position.

Comment

Needs to go out on loan again, very good for Wycombe could have him back again now there in league one. Not sure he's strong enough for the championship just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      I've been drawing attention to the fact we can't loan him out for ages - this will be even more prevalent if we sell Blackstock.
                      So many on here keep posting their desired team for next season but continue to overlook the 4 home grown player rule.
                      Balanta is one of very few players we have that fits the criteria of this rule so I cannot envisage any circumstances in which he will be loaned out. The rule will kick in from the start of the season so bame 4 players in our squad that fit the rule. Home grown, which translates to at the club for 3 years or more prior to their 21st birthday - irrespective of nationality. It's a tough one.
                      Is this true? I knew nothing of this.....if true, does it mean 4 in the squad or the matchday squad, or starting 11?

Comment

well if its true about cook i reckon he could do a good job on the left with his speed and he showed he wasnt affraid to take on players when he came on at the end of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                          Is this true? I knew nothing of this.....if true, does it mean 4 in the squad or the matchday squad, or starting 11?
                          Yes it's true - and it's 4 in the squad of 16. The rule is a bit odd in that home grown is described as "with the club for a minimum 3 years before their 21st birthday" - rather than coming through the academy you could ship them in from elsewhere for example.
                          But, back to the question, it was voted on last season and agreed unilaterally by all football league clubs and will be implemented in the forthcoming season.
                          Many heads buried in so much sand for months now but this is the reality - I was surprised we released Jake Cole due to this but it probably means the likes of Balanta, Rose, German and well who else, will be on the bench next season.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I would say attacking winger or straight up centre foward, he was quality when called upon this year, and done a smashing job at WW
                            We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

I think you are misreading the rule - the player has to have been registered with any English club for 3 years pre 21st birthday, not necessarily their current club. So Connolly would qualify if he was registered at Arsenal for 3 years pre his 21st birthday.

Comment

Working...
                              X