The problem I have......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem I have......

is with Briatore, on what basis did he think Magilton was the best candidate to get us promoted. I think his judgement of managers/coaches is woeful. Instead of trying to prize a more successful manager away from a club, he seems to have just gone for someone who is avaliable. The only way he can redeem the situation is to bring in some quality on the playing side.
    Last edited by rangersroar; 03-06-2009, 10:50 PM.

FB is a t.t, simple

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
      is with Briatore, on what basis did he think Magilton was the best candidate to get us promoted. I think his judgement of managers/coaches is woeful. Instead of trying to prize a more successful manager away from a club, he seems to have just gone for someone who is avaliable. The only way he can redeem the situation is to bring in some quality on the playing side.
      Can you name a Manager who was available and wanted the job who was better? LDC perhaps but other than that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
        Can you name a Manager who was available and wanted the job who was better? LDC perhaps but other than that?
        Let them tell us who they interviewed and I will tell you who they should have chosen, considering FB reckoned they had a lot of applicants.

Comment

I'm not saying he is my number 1 choice, but in this world of football managers like players are motivated by money.

Knowing the set-up, you would undoubtedly get managers who would want either a 4 year deal or a big fat salary. They look at the owners and think thats a quick way to earn a buck and could be out of the door in 6 months. Risk factor involved in that process. With Madge, you do have a manager with a point to prove. His number 1 club is Ipswich and to get the sack from the club he has played and managed would have been a bitter pill to swallow. This is where it could be to our advantage in that he has something to prove. How good would it be for him to finish with our club above the club that sacked him. I would imagine that would be a great motivator. he must have been questioning ( I sound like a psychologist) his own skills of being a manager and when this opportunity came along he thought it would be a good opportunity to prove all the doubters wrong. I think the guy will get alot of stick from fans to start of with, he will be aware of that with our expectation levels so high.

I think it shows alot of bottle to be a JIM magilton of this world and believe you can turn the fortunes around of our club. He obviously impressed at the interview stage. it contradicts Ipswich Town supporters view, but they would have wanted a Top 6 place just like us. Those same fans mid_april still believe they would make it.

We will forget all about the anti feeling come October if we have get off to a good start.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We should have gone for a successful manager who was already at a club. Unless you ask you will never know.
            Last edited by rangersroar; 03-06-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
              No one knows who wanted the job, but if we cant get someone better than JM with the money we have theres something wrong.

I dont mean I expect Hiddink to turn up, before you say im not realistic etc.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                I'm not saying he is my number 1 choice, but in this world of football managers like players are motivated by money.

Knowing the set-up, you would undoubtedly get managers who would want either a 4 year deal or a big fat salary. They look at the owners and think thats a quick way to earn a buck and could be out of the door in 6 months. Risk factor involved in that process. With Madge, you do have a manager with a point to prove. His number 1 club is Ipswich and to get the sack from the club he has played and managed would have been a bitter pill to swallow. This is where it could be to our advantage in that he has something to prove. How good would it be for him to finish with our club above the club that sacked him. I would imagine that would be a great motivator. he must have been questioning ( I sound like a psychologist) his own skills of being a manager and when this opportunity came along he thought it would be a good opportunity to prove all the doubters wrong. I think the guy will get alot of stick from fans to start of with, he will be aware of that with our expectation levels so high.

I think it shows alot of bottle to be a JIM magilton of this world and believe you can turn the fortunes around of our club. He obviously impressed at the interview stage. it contradicts Ipswich Town supporters view, but they would have wanted a Top 6 place just like us. Those same fans mid_april still believe they would make it.

We will forget all about the anti feeling come October if we have get off to a good start.
                You need psychiatric help.

Its a s.h.i.t appointment and you know it. The only way 'you' can possibly accept this tosh is if your mate keeps in control of the buying and selling and drip feeds you gossip.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMafia View Post

Its a s.h.i.t appointment and you know it. The only way 'you' can possibly accept this tosh is if your mate keeps in control of the buying and selling and drip feeds you gossip.
                  Who did you want to be appointed, realistically?

Comment

How the hell did Briatore give Magilton the job when he had such a large number of applicants. It's hard for me to believe that one of them would have had a worse track record than JM let alone all of them.
                    Even Glen Roeder would have been a better appointment FFS, I'm sure he would have wanted the job.:devil:

Comment

Working...
                    X