Delaney Ipswich "Switch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaney Ipswich "Switch"

Heard a couple of months ago that we were swopping Delaney for an Ipswich left back - straight swop. Stories today that Keane wants to sign Delaney.

If the rumours I heard about a straight swop a true...do Ipswich have any decent left-backs??? I dont know much about them? I know they have harding who was on loan to reading???
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Dan Harding?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      Dan Harding?
      Yeah thats the only one I know - may be a battle between us and reading to sign him. I was told it was a like for like deal no £s involved? At the time I was more interested in what was happening with PS so didnt really follow it up.

Is he any good? More to the point is he better than Delaney

Comment

Harding has been released

Comment

AH ok. Maybe not him then? Although considering 2 months (ish) ago I was told about this it makes some sense what with Keane now targeting Delaney. Who did Ipswich have in hardings spot last year?

Comment

Borrowdale anyone?
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Not being harsh but i hope Delaney goes, get a bit of cash for him and replace him with the likes of Tommy Spurr.

Comment

Sorry, but if Keane rates Delaney higher than his current left back, do we really want him?

If Delaney is to go, I would rather sign someone better, than an Ipswich reject.

Comment

I think its the irish connection.
                  My thinking is let Keane have him because I think Keane on this occasion is making a very big mistake.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    I think its the irish connection.
                    My thinking is let Keane have him because I think Keane on this occasion is making a very big mistake.
                    Agree.

Albeit after seeing the interview Delaney did on the fans forum he went up 200% in my estimation as a bloke.

Comment

If Keane wants Delaney it shows he still doesn't have a clue in the transfer market.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        If Keane wants Delaney it shows he still doesn't have a clue in the transfer market.
                        Erm, we bought him, what does that say about whoever did the deal for us?
                        A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                          Erm, we bought him, what does that say about whoever did the deal for us?

Think you just answered your own question :boss:

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            Think you just answered your own question :boss:
                            That would br your mate Paladini wouldnt it W12
                            From the Hills of Kerry
                            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Ipswich are being linked with a raid on QPR for left-back Damien Delaney who would cost around £500,000.

Delaney is down the pecking order at Loftus Road but Town's need for a left-sided defender makes him an option as new boss Roy Keane looks to bolster his squad.

Ben Thatcher is currently Keane's only option at left-back and Rangers would probably do business if they are offered close to their original outlay of £600,000 when they signed him from Hull in Janaury 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X