X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sirpie

Where did Ageymang play Under Sousa?

Ever has centre forward?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Sirpie

Where did Ageymang play Under Sousa?

Ever has centre forward?
      Agyemang played only 7 times under Sousa and from memory he did play a couple of times on the right wing. But then again in the second half against Blackpool Dowie took Ledesma off and played Sousa right wing so he's not the only one to play him "out of position".

In the 7 games that Agyemang played for Sousa we only lost once (the 1-0 loss at Sheffield Wednesday), in the other 6 matches we drew 3 and won 3 so even if Sousa was playing him as a right winger rather than as a forward his record with Agyemang was particularly good - 12 points from 21 over the course of a season equates to 78/79 points.

Comment

if Dowie had played Sousa right wing, we may have won a few
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

if Dowie had played Sousa right wing, we may have won a few
          Maybe but what it shows is that Agyemang is actually quite a good squad player to have. Burnley and Sheffield United yesterday had quality on the bench. We would love to have someone like Eagles or Gudjohnson to bring on. Lupoli has some quality as does Ward and Hendrie - none of who are good enough for their first team.

Next season will be all about the squad and the need for strength in depth.

Comment

Capatin Clunge, you should learn how to argue your point like Sirpie.

Who the ****ing hell do you think you are and why do have to argue a case with trying to ridicule my support??

never missed a home game 92-95 FACTAMONDO and actually not one from 1988-1992 either.

Your comments have no relevance to this argument.

Reason, why De Canio is supposedly not liked ( I think he is liked) is ebcause of supposedly link to GP. Not because of the performances on the pitch.
            Now I'm confused?! Please explain the "house rules" regarding "ridiculing supporters"? It seems OK for you, Dazzer and Connors to do it (re-Report, ST holders, doubters etc), but its not OK for me to do it?
            QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

You were on thin ace when you said if I was around

"92-95".. I probably went to more games than you in that period.

Do you know every supporter that goes to games now or has ever been to games??

Comment

You were on thin ace when you said if I was around

"92-95".. I probably went to more games than you in that period.

Do you know every supporter that goes to games now or has ever been to games??
                No, I dont claim to know everyone.

My point was that your near hysterical admiration for LDC seems quite OTT, when in true comparison to other QPR managers he's lightweight at best. My supposition was that you couldn't have witnessed many of the great QPR managers if LDC was that much of a god to you.
                QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                  No, I dont claim to know everyone.

My point was that your near hysterical admiration for LDC seems quite OTT, when in true comparison to other QPR managers he's lightweight at best. My supposition was that you couldn't have witnessed many of the great QPR managers if LDC was that much of a god to you.
                  Who's the best QPR manager in your opinion?

For me it's a toss up between Ollie and Gerry. Ollie, pure an simply for what he did for us (re-united us fans, got the fans and club closer, and got us promoted).

But Gerry seemed to have an amazing talent of getting the best out of players. making average good, good - great etc
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

fair enough, I went a bit OTT. But, it grates me that my support gets questioned.

As for previous managers, I'm not going to advocate venables, or Francis for obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

For me it's a toss up between Ollie and Gerry. Ollie, pure an simply for what he did for us (re-united us fans, got the fans and club closer, and got us promoted).

But Gerry seemed to have an amazing talent of getting the best out of players. making average good, good - great etc
                      The early 90s were my favourite time at QPR, so Gerry Francis remains a legend for me. Plus of course Venables, Dave Sexton and Gordon Jago. Holloway did a great job, ably supported by KJ of course, but he started to believe his own hype and by the end of his reign we were playing awful football. But the season Holloway took us up, with that game at Hillsborough, will remain a fond, recent memory of course.

Comment

He had Ageymnag for a few games, but played him right wing:confused:

Are you not prepared to accept with MALCOLM, REHMAN, BARKER and Stewart you might just concede goals?
                        Hi Pete just a quick question.

When ever anyone mentions the poor defending under LDC you always bring up Bob Malcolm (conveniently forgetting the young Chelsea defender we also had at the time, what was his name?) We can hardly blame Bob for everything as he was only here for about a quarter of LDC time in charge.

So

1 : As Bob was so, so bad why exactly did we sign him?

and

2 : Who was responsible for that great bit of business?

Ta.....
                        A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

lol look at how many we had in the box :D

I think the whole team was for most of them lol.

LDC gotta love his tactics
                          The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                          :grimace:

Comment

never let facts get in the way..

Which it was spin

1 January 15:00 H Leicester 3-1 Stewart; Bolder; Blackstock

12 January 15:00 A Sheff Utd 1-2 Agyemang

19 January 15:00 H Barnsley 2-0 Agyemang; Vine

29 January 19:45 A Cardiff 1-3 Agyemang

2 February 15:00 H Bristol City 3-0 Agyemang; Agyemang; Buzsaky

9 Fabuary 15:00 A Southampton 3-2 Rowlands; Agyemang; Agyemang

12 February 20:00 H Burnley 2-4 Mahon; Agyemang 13,410

12 February 15:00 H Sheff Utd 1-1 Balanta 15,383

26 February 19:45 A Barnsley 0-0 9,019

2 March 13:15 H Stoke 3-0 Leigertwood; Leigertwood; Buzsaky

5 March 19:45 A Coventry 0-0

8 March 15:00 A Sheff Wed 1-2 Delaney

11 March 20:00 H Blackpool 3-2 Buzsaky; Vine; Rowlands

15 March 15:00 H S****horpe 3-1 Rowlands (pen); Agyemang; Vine

22 March 15:00 A Wloves 3-3 Buzsaky; Blackstock (Pen); Leigertwood

29 March 15:00 A Ipswich 0-0

5 April 15:00 H Preston 2-2 Ainsworth; Blackstock

12 April 15:00 A Hull 1-1 Blackstock
                            Hi Pete,

Thanks for a very informative post, which I think (as I am sure was your intention) really shows the reasons for our poor showing last season.

So:

18 games played.

28 points.

32 goals for.

24 goals against.

Lets look at that goals against first. Conceded 1.3 goals per game. Who did we have in defence? Rather than your dream team of Malcolm, Rehman, Stewart and Barker, for most of those games we actually had available MM, Stewart, Hall, Delaney and Connoly. I guess it shows that LDC was a disaster when it came to organising the defence.

Now goals for. Scored 32 at an average of 1.77 per game. Now lets remember we had Rowlands, Vine, Buzz and Agyemang (on the scoring run of his lifetime with 8 from 6, something he has never done before and I doubt he will ever repeat). So if we take their 18 goals out then we have 14 goals in 18 games (an average of 0.77 per game) I guess that shows just how much they were missed.

And if we take their goals away then we would actually have managed 14 points from 18 games (not so impressive).

Now lets compare that with the last 18 games of Sousa.

Played 18.

Goals for : 18.

Goals against : 16

Makes interesting reading........
                            Last edited by haqpr1963; 27-05-2009, 01:49 PM.

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post

Neither of them fit to lace Sexton or Stock's boots unfortunately..
                              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                                Neither of them fit to lace Sexton or Stock's boots unfortunately..
                                Easily pleased these youngsters, aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X