Jim Magilton has been............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
    Ipswich's top season ticket is about £720 quid.Even Colchester's top ticket is £580,and that's for League 1.We could be worse off mate.
    Ah, but that £720 ticket for Ipswich is their equivalent of our platinum seats/areas. Their average prices were £368 - £474.

I did a bit of research on this whole theme and on a like for like basis, QPR is the most expensive championship club re: season ticket prices. In fact at some clubs, their dearest tickets were still cheaper than our cheapest!

The people running the club genuinely don't get how the other half live. No problem with that personally but they need someone there to reiterate to them that those not living on planet billionaire have a completely different lifestyle and thus, finances are totally different too.

Comment

so you dont think hes seriously in the running?

Comment

I'd still prefer Curbishley, but Magilton isn't as dreadful as you guys are making out. Ipswich play some decent football and they've finished higher than us every season he's been in charge, just short of the play-offs in the last two years.

What we need now is stability. A manger who is given the time to work with the players he inherits, the freedome to choose the palyers he wants to bring into the club and a person who knows the league well. A nice bonus would be if he got us playing attractive football. A big name manager won't guarantee promotion. I just hope regardless of who gets the job, the fans get behind them straight away.

It's not like the likes of Kevin Blackwell and Owen Coyle have had huge success before their current jobs yet they are in charge of the two teams in the play-off final. Two top half finishes in a row for Magilton is hardly a bad track record in that sense.
        Last edited by Captain Planet; 17-05-2009, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Jim is defintely NOT in the running
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

who is actually in the running? - lots of athletes if u believe everything u read

Comment

2-3, more ironing this week.

10-14 days we will know
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                I'd say we've interviewed around 16, so having Jim interviewed is not a big issue
                We shouldn't need to interview 16 managers, we should set our targets on one manager and go and get him and if that fails have a back up plan.

It shouldn't take 16 different interview's, says the board don't have a clue of who or what they want.
                Last edited by W12_Ranger; 17-05-2009, 07:38 PM.

Comment

no chance JM getting the job, need someone with a little promotion experience, would well prefer even paul jewell than JM. if we've interviewed 16 then at least the options are open

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Planet View Post
                    I'd still prefer Curbishley, but Magilton isn't as dreadful as you guys are making out. Ipswich play some decent football and they've finished higher than us every season he's been in charge, just short of the play-offs in the last two years.

What we need now is stability. A manger who is given the time to work with the players he inherits, the freedome to choose the palyers he wants to bring into the club and a person who knows the league well. A nice bonus would be if he got us playing attractive football. A big name manager won't guarantee promotion. I just hope regardless of who gets the job, the fans get behind them straight away.

It's not like the likes of Kevin Blackwell and Owen Coyle have had huge success before their current jobs yet they are in charge of the two teams in the play-off final. Two top half finishes in a row for Magilton is hardly a bad track record in that sense.
                    Good first post.

Welcome to the board!
                    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                      Good first post.

Welcome to the board!
                      Cheers. I've been registered to a couple of the R's forums and have been reading for a while but finally decided to take the plunge and sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                        as has cotteril, sven and curbishley
                        Scott are you being serious?
                        Do u know this as fact cause Id be extremely happy with any one of them

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          I'd say we've interviewed around 16, so having Jim interviewed is not a big issue
                          When you say "we" pete, who do you mean - Briatore (seems pre-occupied with his up market go-karts), Bhatia (marginal shreholder, also got better things to do even though getting the manager is the 'top priority'), Ecclestone (hmmm, maybe not) or your good mate Gianni?????

Comment

Working...
                          X