Adel's standing ovation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adel's standing ovation....

Can't remember a player getting an ovation like that at LR for may a year.. made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up whilst we were all clapping him off.......

Just been surfing around and there are some fab online reports around especially in the Guardian, Telegraph, Independent and People... probably others but not got there yet...

Great ovation for him and although Warnock is taking Taarabt off early to preserve his energy I think this may also be one of the reasons so that Taarabt sees this.
    It would also be nice though if Warnock could maybe leave him on for a game or two so as he can be part of the end of match team and fans rapour that is currently happening.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

NW's subs are forming a pattern.

Adel plays 75% of a game - till it's in the bag - then saves him for the next match.
      Derry plays 75% of a game cos he gets knackered.

Seems sensible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
        Great ovation for him and although Warnock is taking Taarabt off early to preserve his energy I think this may also be one of the reasons so that Taarabt sees this.
        It would also be nice though if Warnock could maybe leave him on for a game or two so as he can be part of the end of match team and fans rapour that is currently happening.
        Good point, but Adel, along with other subbed players, did come back on to celebrate with team-mates and fans, it is noticeable that team spirit is way better this season.

Comment

Adel is fasting, so we have to be careful with him for now. No point in pushing him if we look comfortable.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
            Do bear in mind it is also Ramadan and Adel is probably not eating or drinking during the day at the moment!

Comment

When does Ramadan finish???

I thought it's in October?
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I stood for Derry as well, its the other team members that allow Adelto do what he does.

Comment

Was a superb performance again from Adel and as afore mentioned the likes of Derry, Orr Faurlin etc give AT the time & space to do what he does. Unsung heroes.

Great ovation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Do bear in mind it is also Ramadan and Adel is probably not eating or drinking during the day at the moment!
                    He eats and drinks on matchdays only during Ramadan.

Comment

Adel did seem to look a bit tired just before he came off, I commented about it to my mate and mentioned that he was currently fasting most days due to Ramadam. Great to see the players come back on the pitch after.

Comment

i dont think fasting effects your fitness or staying awake ability. none of the cab drivers who pick me up ever nod off or are to tired to ask me for my dough when we get to my destination.
                        i think he just gives his all, he had a booking, we are always winning comfortably, so bring him off to save him any chance of injury or suspension.
                        nowt to do with fasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
                          NW's subs are forming a pattern.

Adel plays 75% of a game - till it's in the bag - then saves him for the next match.
                          Derry plays 75% of a game cos he gets knackered.

Seems sensible to me.

I've noticed this, too.

It's a good sign, as it shows that our subs aren't in desperation or out of necessity. It shows that we are comfortable in games at the moment. The whole system is working to perfection.

As for Taarabt, his head did drop a bit after he was booked. Maybe he was told to calm down a bit so he didn't get another booking, but the ovation will hopefully re-assure him that his contribution is appreciated even if he doesn't dive for penalties or score every game.
                          Last edited by Minty; 22-08-2010, 12:12 PM.
                          Be nice to Minty

Comment

I think as well, the penalty/booking fiasco may have subdued him -- was not the same after it.
                            Perhaps he was inhibited from messing with Scunny too much in case they fouled him and he got a second yellow card for it...
                            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              i dont think fasting effects your fitness or staying awake ability. none of the cab drivers who pick me up ever nod off or are to tired to ask me for my dough when we get to my destination.
                              i think he just gives his all, he had a booking, we are always winning comfortably, so bring him off to save him any chance of injury or suspension.
                              nowt to do with fasting.
                              Non of your cab drivers have to run around a football pitch for 90 mins in the second tier of english football.

Fasting will affect energy levels, its that black and white.

Comment

Working...
                              X