THAT was a performance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAT was a performance...

Kenny - Assured, calm and finding his feet. One scare when he tipped the ball over for a simple claim, but played well.

Hill - Didnt have his hands full. No mistakes and very solid, but yet to be really tested.

Orr - Its great to have a proper RB. Superb today.

Gorkss - Had his best game I've seen for a while.

Connolly - Thank you for proving me right. Not only good in the air, composed, commanding and smart, but you can also play football.

Derry - Does all the simple stuff well. Keeps putting it in for the time he's on the pitch. Great leader and the unsung hero.

Faurlin - This kid just gets better. Superb passer, and he also breaks up the play. One day, I'm sure he'll play at the top.

Taarabt - Well...He's grown as a player. He knows when to release the ball and when to go alone now. Real team player. Unlucky to be booked as I felt a certain pen, but his early dive was what got him the yellow. Great ball in for Heider's well taken goal.

Mackie - I knew he'd be a great buy when we signed him, despite others concerns. Unbelievable work rate, great pace, lovely touch and good distribution. He'll be integral for us this season.

Hogan - Almost surplus to requirements. Fans have never been sure, but Warnock showed faith. The lad has repaid that with some good performances. Tracking back and winning tackles today. Could be a big season for him.

Heider - Superb today. Lead the line well and scored an absolute beauty. Should have scored the header, but the one in the second half was far harder than some would think.

All the subs did well too. Buzz looked sharp, Legs was tidy and German looked strong.

All round, we were great. Took our foot off in the second half, but the job was done.

Brilliant.
    Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 22-08-2010, 10:24 AM.
    Your mum would love me...

Spot on with all of that! and considering Adel is fasting and didn't train this week imagine what he would have been like on a full stomach!!!

Comment

ephraims my unsung hero at the moment. loving his workrate.
      tho i love them all, every single one to a man, even heider. (no homo)

Comment

Thanks Benny, sounds good but like a dream in a way.

Comment

Agree about Taarabt's booking for the 'dive'.It was bang in front of me and i thought it was a penalty.

Comment

Good summing up there Benny.

Superb performance we just purred every time we had the ball. A proper team performance. On this form at home I can see us making Loftus Rd a real fortress this season.

And as a couple others said Taarabt pen was a DEFO right in front of me. Ref done well today but that was a big mistake but to be fair a few behind me said the ref gave it but the lino over ruled.

Comment

It was a def penalty , the ref pointed to the spot straight away but the lino on the far side, more than 70 yards away flagged for a push by Adel! Ref was only 5 yards away! Got a great view from X block pity ref bottled it!. A great performance but at this level Helguson should have done better, a hat-trick at least. i thought we ran out of ideas second half especially after Adel went off. But still great to be top of the league!
              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Ric - I thought it was, and I was all the way back in Q. As I said, his earlier dive was probably a factor.

S'oton - I think that's harsh. Ok, should have done better with the header, but Ephraim smashed the ball at him and he was on the stretch.

Comment

Must admit, connolly was awsome today, long may it continue.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Good summing up there Benny.

Superb performance we just purred every time we had the ball. A proper team performance. On this form at home I can see us making Loftus Rd a real fortress this season.

And as a couple others said Taarabt pen was a DEFO right in front of me. Ref done well today but that was a big mistake but to be fair a few behind me said the ref gave it but the lino over ruled.
                    i thought the ref was very poor.

Comment

Just back.

Pure quality wasn't it?

EVERY player played his part. Only sour moment was Adel getting booked when he was fouled in the box. Ref was laughable, but 3 wins out of 3, 3 clean sheets, can't ask for much more!

Comment

Originally posted by Vish View Post
                        i thought the ref was very poor.
                        Thought the ref was ok! Not good but not bad. The incident in giving the keeper a free kick when he clashed with his own player and Helguson was a strange one.

BennyBoy i agree with you on your report
                        In 'Arry and Fernandes we trust

:yush:

Comment

good to read for an international fan

Comment

We should beat Derby next week, and I really fancy us against Boro. Ipswich and Leicester away will really test us.

Comment

Nice summary Benny. Glad to know everyone did his job well.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X