Could NW do a an O'Neill and walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
    The board have probably set a budget on transfers and wages as they are not gonna do a Chelsea/Man City and blow mega money to buy success.And i would rather have it that way.

We have quite a few players on long term big money contracts.We need to free up wages to get these better players.This legacy is unfortunately the result of Gianni's interference in transfer dealings.
    "Mega money" ? So if the board had given Warnock say £10mil in the summer, which is not mega money, you would disapprove ?

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
      "Mega money" ? So if the board had given Warnock say £10mil in the summer, which is not mega money, you would disapprove ?
      £10m is mega money for most Championship clubs mate.

I am just saying that the board are not gonna bank roll the club at a massive loss.They want to do things on a realistic budget and not fritter large amounts of money away like Chelsea and Man City have.

I think this is the best way in the long term as if they Mittals walked away and left us with a massive debt we would be fooked big time.

Comment

I am just saying that the board are not gonna bank roll the club at a massive loss.They want to do things on a realistic budget and not fritter large amounts of money away like Chelsea and Man City have.

I think this is the best way in the long term as if they Mittals walked away and left us with a massive debt we would be fooked big time.
        but why do they promise us promotion when they know it is unrealistic for the time being

Comment

Originally posted by W10 RANGER View Post
          but why do they promise us promotion when they know it is unrealistic for the time being
          It's not unrealistic though is it?.

Look at Blackpool.They are a club punching way above their league and got promoted to the big time against all odds.Nobody would haver said they would go up at the start of last season.

They made it mainly on the back of one player,Charlie Adam.

Why can't we do the same on the back of Taarabt?.

Comment

It's not unrealistic though is it?.

Look at Blackpool.They are a club punching way above their league and got promoted to the big time against all odds.Nobody would haver said they would go up at the start of last season.

They made it mainly on the back of one player,Charlie Adam.

Why can't we do the same on the back of Taarabt?.
            Because a team as poor as Blackpool going up happens once every 100 years mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
              Because a team as poor as Blackpool going up happens once every 100 years mate.
              And they WILL be relagated back to the championship this season
              Last edited by Rebel R's; 12-08-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I hear he is going to walk and MON will be the new manager

Comment

£10m is nowhere near mega money, it's 4 or 5 quality players to give us the best chance of promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    How can you say that?

We've bought more players than any other club in the championship, with more to come !!

Its a squad not just a team, you need good back-up.

Last years big spenders Forest have hardly brought in anyone
                    Pete - I tend to agree but "good" backup is the sticking point.....backup players should also be of the required standard!.....But more importantly, you need to have the players that they will be "backup" to in the first place.

Comment

Yeah...poor old Chelsea & Man City doing it the wrong way?

Comment

Working...
                      X