New Manager thread number 726

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Manager thread number 726

Right, let's face it, none of us have a bloody scooby doo who the new boss is going to be do we??

If you'd have asked me a few weeks ago I would have said "done deal" De Canio (actually I think i probably did say that.) Now, normally my "done deal" predictions are pretty spot on.

However, something has changed..what? I really don't know. I've tapped up every source possible, staff members (playing and non), journo's, family friends and well...nadda, nothing. Normally you get titbits off different people and can put together a pattern and take a pretty good guess at things but, not this time.

No-one and I mean no-one has a frigging clue who the new boss will be and sources originally citing LDC have gone very cold on that front.

So, my feeling is that the ITK peops are most certainly not ITK on this one! It actually makes it more :exciting:

So, my "non-agenda", "non-ITK" perspective (if anyone cares) is this...

The manager must be allowed to manage, the manager must be allowed to bring his own players in, the manager must be given time (albeit if we're bottom of the league at christmas then boot him no matter what obviously). I also think the manager must have experience of championship football - if we're to get out of this league next season (which is 100% the plan - automatic promotion) we need someone that has done it before.

Anyway, back to the arcade ;D
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

What about that Dowie bloke at Newcastle.........
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
      Despite yesterday, I am still sure we will see (a glimpse of) him at LR next season
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

True, but does not stop anyone from talking about it. Should we all just vanish for 3 months until the start of the season?

We are coming up with names that must be in the equation, by process of elimination. Fans, are then able to give feelings about those choices. Its not rocket science, happens everywhere.

A manager who takes charge, is EXTREMELY likely to have got a team up in recent years

By the way, I'll add to Curbs, Jewell, Magilton, Cotterill (not sure he got anyone up), Pardew

Sean O' Driscoll
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
          Said it before. Never wanted him at QPR, I was wrong. :surrender:

We should have never ever fired him.:devil:

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
            Right, let's face it, none of us have a bloody scooby doo who the new boss is going to be do we??

If you'd have asked me a few weeks ago I would have said "done deal" De Canio (actually I think i probably did say that.) Now, normally my "done deal" predictions are pretty spot on.

However, something has changed..what? I really don't know. I've tapped up every source possible, staff members (playing and non), journo's, family friends and well...nadda, nothing. Normally you get titbits off different people and can put together a pattern and take a pretty good guess at things but, not this time.

No-one and I mean no-one has a frigging clue who the new boss will be and sources originally citing LDC have gone very cold on that front.

So, my feeling is that the ITK peops are most certainly not ITK on this one! It actually makes it more :exciting:

So, my "non-agenda", "non-ITK" perspective (if anyone cares) is this...

The manager must be allowed to manage, the manager must be allowed to bring his own players in, the manager must be given time (albeit if we're bottom of the league at christmas then boot him no matter what obviously). I also think the manager must have experience of championship football - if we're to get out of this league next season (which is 100% the plan - automatic promotion) we need someone that has done it before.

Anyway, back to the arcade ;D
            We have got no chance of going up next season
            We Are The People.....

Comment

We could have gone up this season if we hadnt have booted Dowie IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                We could have gone up this season if we hadnt have booted Dowie IMHO
                We might of sneeked in the play offs but could you imagine if we did go up this year or next it would be a disaster and we would be straight back down with a record low points

We need a English manager to come in buy his own players and given 2/3 years to build a squad then we might have a chance if we went up
                We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                  We might of sneeked in the play offs but could you imagine if we did go up this year or next it would be a disaster and we would be straight back down with a record low points

We need a English manager to come in buy his own players and given 2/3 years to build a squad then we might have a chance if we went up
                  Good points. The thing is that Dowie was basically told to get us up and then he'd be off with a nice payoff and his reputation back..people forget about those rumours from when he was appointed.

Comment

Or we could have dropped like a stone just like Coventry did after their bright start under him. IMO that would have been far more likely.
                    "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                    QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                    Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                    Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Well we'll never know now....:(

Comment

If the board would just bring the fans onboard, ie tell the fans the next manager will have a warchest, no interfearance from the board in team matters, manager will choose what players comes in and out, working with GP, But manager chooses not GP.

Then ST sales would prehaps start to rise and fans would feel valued, the bond with fans might then improve.
                        They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
                          If the board would just bring the fans onboard, ie tell the fans the next manager will have a warchest, no interfearance from the board in team matters, manager will choose what players comes in and out, working with GP, But manager chooses not GP.

Then ST sales would prehaps start to rise and fans would feel valued, the bond with fans might then improve.

Cannot disagree with any of that fella.

Comment

I don't think De Canio was ever in the running, infact I think it was a red herring thrown out there by GP to get fans excited enough about his return on this MB. However, it backfired a little and now he is 'out of the running' and the appointment looks like being a British Manager.

De Canios return would be in GP's best interest afterall, whereas an appointment of Curbishley or Jewell would surely represent an end to GP's input into transfer targets (and rightly so).

Comment

funny enough if it had been the other way around Sousa then Dowie, think we may have made it.

But, we will never know
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                              X