No announcement yet.

Curbishley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there I was reading through all the posts thinking "ah, how nice, QPR fans virtually all in agreement for once about the possibility of signing a good manager virtually everyone agrees is a sound choice" - and then Clive's post. Oh well, as we were I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by barnethoop View Post
      he left the hammers because of interference. Do u really think he will take a job where he has no control over buys? Er.............no!
      Sums this site up I suppose that it took THREE pages for someone to post the obvious. You lot are all away with the fairies if you think Curbishley will be a success with the current set up.

There's more chance of me playing for England than Curbishley, Gianni and Flabio working...

...and Clive, come on, you should know better; this site is NOT the place for sensible opinion like your own; this site is home to the lunatics ramblings and logic of a two year old...

Comment

cant fault you at all
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Makes me laugh to be honest.

If, I came on here stating the name of the new manager, what would you say?

Yes, exactly.

So, I will go with the flow.

Think a couple of weeks back, the name for the job was Warnock and we know what happened. As for ryhming with De Canio, that was a bit tongue in cheek.

As for driving tracffic, don't need to. Great site and great participation from all fans.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Who cares who the new man is.You/ me /nobodys going to influence their choice.Just chill bro s
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I'm chilling bro
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Agreed with underwood15, Curbs would be a decent manager. Would bring much needed stability to the club, improve the squad & inspire confidence. Did really well at WHU considering the circumstances (boardroom rumblings and the Tevez affair) and everyone forgets how he got them playing last season and finished a vey creditable 10th without spending massive amounts of money on the side. I think this is the most realistic manager to go for outta the line up, the next best man for the job is Paul Jewell who simply KNOWS how to get sides out of this division (think Wigan & Bradford) and has performed well at all his clubs barring Sheffield Wednesday and a Unrepair-able and demoralised Derby side.

Comment

curbs wont happen

no credible manager will want to work under our current regime

unless of course our current setup changes

taxi for palidini?
                  Last edited by Receed R; 14-05-2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I'd love to see Curbishley at QPR.

Good experience at both Championship and Premiership leve, British, and able to put together good sides without breaking the bank.

The problem, as stated by a few other posters on here is will he be given the support & backing of the board without interference? I'm not sure he will and he doesn't strike me as the type of manager who will stand for being told what to do by a couple of fat italians who don't know there arses from there elbows!

Comment

Curbs would be a great choice as manager!
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Curbs would be a great choice as manager and without doubt in my opinion is the best available.

We have a rich board they should now prove they mean business and go all out for AC.
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by CliveLFW View Post
                          I should probably leave well alone but I'm interested/curious. Pete 10 days ago were you and scott not saying the new manager had been signed up? "Not what you'd expect but deal done", "not De Canio but fits in the song", and we were told to an expect an announcement within the next day or so. Nothing. Now we're declaring favourites. Surely if somebody has been signed up there are no favourites there is just one - the appointment?

Curbishley is the latest name you've declared the fav (great appointment IMO BTW) but we've had El Tel, LDC, Warnock etc all declared "the fav" by yourself have we not? Drives traffic for your site I suppose (while misleading QPR fans) so maybe I should try the same but for somebody who declares himself to be so ITK with "various sources", "the number one QPR website" and "working in the football industry" we seem to be getting a lot of names and not a lot of results here. Is it a case of just chucking one name after another so that if one of them turns out to be right you can forget all the others and declare yourself right?
                          There is some truth in that:shame:
                          Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

The fact that no manager has been announced and we need to sell season tickets probably means someone we wanted has had a last-minute change of heart and turned us down. Probably going to mean we take a gamble with an overseas coach from Spain or Italy or England lower division manager, not a particularly big name. That's my two bob's worth. Got a gut feeling Paul Jewell won't work well with the current board. Hope if it is him I'm proved wrong--got time for him. Is it possible potential managers are a little intimidated by Flav and that's what is putting them off? We may HAVE to appoint Wise as being a QPR fan I reckon he'd take the job when most 'names' probably wouldn't, but could he, would he last long?

Comment

Put your money on Wise. The more I think about it, the more likely it seems.

Comment

So if not Curbs,then who we wonder!? I'm disappointed now....
                                Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

Working...
                                X