Julian Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Bennett

Rumoured that we are signing this guy from Forest, he is a left back and is likened to Stuart Pearce. Anyone have any info ?
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

yippee - another great left back we can loan to brighton...

Comment

In what way does he resemble Stuart Pearce? Similar haircut maybe?

Comment

it's strange,but at a time when we don't have a manager we are looking at buying players.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          In what way does he resemble Stuart Pearce? Similar haircut maybe?
          Apparently he has a no nonsense approach to tackling
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
            it's strange,but at a time when we don't have a manager we are looking at buying players.
            But our scouting network I'm sure is more than capable.

Comment

Yes but how often does he get near the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
                But our scouting network I'm sure is more than capable.

Hmmmm-so how do they know the system and style that the new manager will want to play-or will those decisions not be his??

Comment

Hasn't played since Boxing Day - presumably injured.

Played 13 games before then out of a possible 27 (25 league plus 2 Cup).

In those 13 matches Forest conceded 23 (or 1.76 goals a game). Over the entire season Forest conceded at 1.41 goals a game.

Doesn't make for great reading!

Comment

I have always seen him as a fat boy. Looks out of shape and doesn't have any pace or class about him so no thank. Lets get Spurr he is mobile and can cross a ball its not rocket science you just need to spend some bloody money for these players
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Thanks Sir Pie.
                      So our primary targets are a bristol city substitute and nottingham forest reserve. Believe me, I do try to stay cheerful but it puzzles me how certain fans can still turn round and say we will be in the promotion mix. Its not like we have some wizard of a manager. or indeed any manager. what is this optimism based on? of course this might all be a bad dream and we end up signing the likes of kieron gibbs as I allude to in another thread; but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

According to Sky, Lee Camp broke Bennett's collarbone whilst on loan.

Maybe they're swapping clubs.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...370517,00.html
                        Last edited by NewarkR; 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM.
                        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Thanks Sir Pie.
                          So our primary targets are a bristol city substitute and nottingham forest reserve. Believe me, I do try to stay cheerful but it puzzles me how certain fans can still turn round and say we will be in the promotion mix. Its not like we have some wizard of a manager. or indeed any manager. what is this optimism based on? of course this might all be a bad dream and we end up signing the likes of kieron gibbs as I allude to in another thread; but I'm not holding my breath.
                          For christs sake man - our primary targets? No they are names posted on a message board as rumoured to be the next one's were signing - when we don't have a manager, when the transfer window is well and truly shut (save for out of contract players) - and it's a message board that's posters get a hell of a lot wrong - Watson signing, Evans in the bath, De Canio, Sven, TV, Colin, oh so many new managers imminent blah blah blah. So, I don't believe you try to stay cheerful you just chose to take all the negative stuff and moan like flipping hell so the rest of us have no chance of remaining cheerful :(
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            For christs sake man - our primary targets? No they are names posted on a message board as rumoured to be the next one's were signing - when we don't have a manager, when the transfer window is well and truly shut (save for out of contract players) - and it's a message board that's posters get a hell of a lot wrong - Watson signing, Evans in the bath, De Canio, Sven, TV, Colin, oh so many new managers imminent blah blah blah. So, I don't believe you try to stay cheerful you just chose to take all the negative stuff and moan like flipping hell so the rest of us have no chance of remaining cheerful :(
                            Absoltuely spot on! this site is fast becoming We are the negative boys, stand up and moan alot!

i think some have sunk so far down the negative path that it is very hard to see any positive any more.

Comment

When you say 'signing' what you really mean is there giving us a sh#t player as part of the Blackstock deal

Comment

Working...
                              X