Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Blackout of QPR NEWS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Total Blackout of QPR NEWS

    I see my mate qpr-report is adovacating no news to made available to supporters before it becomes official. Pretty ironic, when you consider he spends 24 hours sifting through paper and internet articles, but is this the way forward?

    No boards, ANY boards getting any news, no local or national newspapers referring to QPR and it becomes a police state.

    What constiitutes newsworthy info for QPR fans? Do we want to know potential buys for the club, what or what maynot be happening at board level? This board gets a lot of criticism generally for what other boards do, talk gossip, rumour and debate. Its no different at all to many readable QPR related messageboards

    Should we go the way of not conveying news and having a total blackout for everyone across the media network?

    We say that club and fans are drifitng further apart, would this increase the feeling?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

  • #2
    So, Dave Mac would be out of a job as would Tear as would half the national press.
    it aint the way life or football works
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....


    Visit my charity page here

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you have a link to the post?
      Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde.

      Comment


      • #4
        Put it another way Pete....do you think your intimate access to the club/GP/sources/sauces has improved the way QPR operates, both internally and externally? IE do you think you make a positive contribution to our football club?

        Personally, (and hey, its all about opinions, right?) I dont think you do.
        QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
          Put it another way Pete....do you think your intimate access to the club/GP/sources/sauces has improved the way QPR operates, both internally and externally? IE do you think you make a positive contribution to our football club?

          Personally, (and hey, its all about opinions, right?) I dont think you do.

          I think you have the best username ever if that counts :exciting:
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....


          Visit my charity page here

          Comment


          • #6
            There are big differences between the ways this board comes across compared to others.Pete starts loads of threads on the same or similar subject-to get a consistent point across,which he then says is merely an opinion.I have read his criticisms of Paolo Sousa over and over again,but have never heard him be critical of anything about Gianni Paladini.I know that he is friendly with him,but he would come across as being more independent if he gave a more balanced view.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
              I see my mate qpr-report is adovacating no news to made available to supporters before it becomes official. Pretty ironic, when you consider he spends 24 hours sifting through paper and internet articles, but is this the way forward?

              No boards, ANY boards getting any news, no local or national newspapers referring to QPR and it becomes a police state.

              What constiitutes newsworthy info for QPR fans? Do we want to know potential buys for the club, what or what maynot be happening at board level? This board gets a lot of criticism generally for what other boards do, talk gossip, rumour and debate. Its no different at all to many readable QPR related messageboards
              It would'nt enter your mind that maybe what report
              is advocating is that those inside LR STFU and stop leaking
              things to fans that will end up being posted on MB's.

              As for the media,they don't need to be told
              anything they will always come up with rumours
              one way or the other,whether true or not.

              Should we go the way of not conveying news and having a total blackout for everyone across the media network?

              We say that club and fans are drifitng further apart, would this increase the feeling?
              Again,don't think this is what report is saying,i reckon what he's
              saying is people with big mouths should keep them shut.

              As for the "club and fans drifting apart" bit,because some might be told to STFU,total nonsense.

              Your post just comes across as a cheap shot at report.You seem to be trying to mis-direct people in to thinking about things that are simply not there.

              Seems as though you're more interested in keeping
              your own lines of information intact before what
              would be good for the club.

              Just my opinion.
              Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde.

              Comment


              • #8
                what do you want me to do?

                Say I loved Sousa, say the players were right to go at the POTY, say I agree with ST prices, say I agree with one up front at home,

                Think you will find my views are pretty balanced. Trouble is, its a very easy way out if you disagree with what I write. I see enough games to have an opinion to be honest and certainly don't need someone telling me what to say. If, I didn't I would be impartial and agree with everyone.

                Poor old Connors on the web-site you frequent (rblockells), gets accussed of being Ali Russell, because he gives strong personal opinions, that many do not agree with. Its an easy cop out.

                shamie all for opinions. Even had people say that I had fallen out with bennyboys because we disagree, what a load of codswallop and the same with you, we disagree but would still enjoy a pint together.

                It is clear the reference is being made to this very site. When, I said A few weeks ago, that I had not spoke to GP for a couple of weeks ( true fact) I was jumped on immediately.

                I can go across all QPR messageboard and pick out one story from Vine and Hogan to being told Scolari is going to be the new manager, that does not appear on here.

                If, I post SCOLARI gets job, how would that honestly be perceived? You know and I know the answer to that. All boards will hear rumours and post them, if we don't someone else will. It happens all the time.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Fair enough-and I have never accused Conners of being Ali Russell,nor have I accused you of NOT having your opinions-it just seems strange that MOST Rangers fans are grateful for what GP achieved,and know he is a fan etc etc,but also know that he can be a dodgy-dealer,loose-tongued,and quite frankly,a liability.I know you are friendly with him,but can you see any of that???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by qblockpete
                    shamie all for opinions. Even had people say that I had fallen out with bennyboys because we disagree, what a load of codswallop and the same with you, we disagree but would still enjoy a pint together.

                    It is clear the reference is being made to this very site. When, I said A few weeks ago, that I had not spoke to GP for a couple of weeks ( true fact) I was jumped on immediately.

                    I can go across all QPR messageboard and pick out one story from Vine and Hogan to being told Scolari is going to be the new manager, that does not appear on here.

                    If, I post SCOLARI gets job, how would that honestly be perceived? You know and I know the answer to that. All boards will hear rumours and post them, if we don't someone else will. It happens all the time.
                    Pete,

                    Report is demanding you post on his website for some odd reason though does not do so himself on this one.

                    Have you two had another spat while I have been away?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Of course, but I would like to think I have a few friends at QPR. For example, staff and even staff that have left the club. In all fairness, I think I've only EVER posted player rumours relating to that one person you refer, hardly the crime of the century, considering papers/journalists get hold of these stories as well.

                      problem is, it gives ammunition to those people who don't like him, to say everything I say is acting as a mouthpiece.

                      If, I did not like Sousa's style I would and did say so

                      If, i think Blackstock should not have gone to forest, I will say so.

                      If, i think Helgusson cannot hit the back of a barn door at the moment, I will say so.

                      I could go on, but the problem with me is I don't shut up and give an opinion on everything:horror::horror::horror:, paving the way for the criticism. I should keep away from the board:boss:
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                        Fair enough-and I have never accused Conners of being Ali Russell,nor have I accused you of NOT having your opinions-it just seems strange that MOST Rangers fans are grateful for what GP achieved,and know he is a fan etc etc,but also know that he can be a dodgy-dealer,loose-tongued,and quite frankly,a liability.I know you are friendly with him,but can you see any of that???
                        "fantasy island" is a particular favourite of yours isnt it Rblock

                        http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=36631

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by qblockpete
                          shamie all for opinions. Even had people say that I had fallen out with bennyboys because we disagree, what a load of codswallop and the same with you, we disagree but would still enjoy a pint together.
                          Nothing new for Ben and yourself not to agree,as it is for you and me.
                          As for "falling out" could'nt see that happening and will definately have a pint or 3 with you anytime i'm over,differing views or not.


                          If, I post SCOLARI gets job, how would that honestly be perceived? You know and I know the answer to that. All boards will hear rumours and post them, if we don't someone else will. It happens all the time.
                          Hearing a rumour is one thing,but being told
                          stuff that has no business being told to anyone
                          outside of the club (for whatever reason) is another
                          and can lead to a lot of damage being done.
                          Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Of course, but I would like to think I have a few friends at QPR. For example, staff and even staff that have left the club. In all fairness, I think I've only EVER posted player rumours relating to that one person you refer, hardly the crime of the century, considering papers/journalists get hold of these stories as well.

                            problem is, it gives ammunition to those people who don't like him, to say everything I say is acting as a mouthpiece.

                            If, I did not like Sousa's style I would and did say so

                            If, i think Blackstock should not have gone to forest, I will say so.

                            If, i think Helgusson cannot hit the back of a barn door at the moment, I will say so.

                            I could go on, but the problem with me is I don't shut up and give an opinion on everything:horror::horror::horror:, paving the way for the criticism. I should keep away from the board:boss:
                            OK Mr Opinion, If you thought that we would be better off removing Paladini as Sporting Director for someone more experienced, or simply removing the SD role and get a manager with a track record of acquiring good players. Would you say so?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I hope to god, we get a manager in that will get us up !!

                              he knows the championship, knows the players and sticks a rocket up some of these players. I'm sure the players want promotion and good leadership.

                              If you get a proven manager in this level, then thank goodness you can take a back seat and finger point the manager. Sporting directors (any) are needed if you have a De canio or Sousa, as they don't know the players in the market. You would disagree, but I expect nothing less. Expertise is in getting deals for those players, orgainsing with agents and bonuses etc etc. Who takes charge of the club in Flavio's absence. I suspect he has many businesses and cannot be around the players or club 24/7 !!

                              Answer to your question get a British manager for the sake of QPR and let him take control of the players he wants and selects who he wants.

                              Would you disagree?

                              It does not mean that GP will go, just he won't get blamed anymore from people like you
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X