Out transfer policy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Jim, I'm not one of Gianni's groupies but I think its silly to blame him for not signing the players we all know we needed. He isn't setting the budgets. I'm sure if he had been given the money he would love to have gone out and bought phillips, watson, spurr, mancienne etc etc but he's not an alchemist, he can't produce funds that aren't there.
    So in your opinion who does the buck stop with? for me it has to be GP, if he is solely responsible for buying players, he should've made sure that the board released suitable funds to match, we did after all spend the entire summer chasing Gorkks (thankfully turned out to be a good addition), yet we were relativley strong in that position, so why no striker? Has it been made clear by any QPR official that funds were not available during last summer?
    Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      Last summer we thought we had a good attacking left back in Delaney but he has gone backwards which is not the fault of the club so they can't be blamed for not buying a new one.
      I agree but do you not believe that a squad challenging for promotion/playoffs, should have more than 1 LB in the squad in case that player gets injured or loses form. I know we have adequate cover (KG and MC) but really they just paper over the cracks whilst filling in
      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
        I agree but do you not believe that a squad challenging for promotion/playoffs, should have more than 1 LB in the squad in case that player gets injured or loses form. I know we have adequate cover (KG and MC) but really they just paper over the cracks whilst filling in
        I agree but we are a Championship club and quality left backs want guaranteed first team action and not bench time. The club obviously thought Borrowdale would be a good addition but Sousa didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
          Who are members then Scotty?
          Thought that YOU might be Cookey!

Comment

No doubting that we have got some good players in. That's if we're happy to stay midtable. However if you we are to get promotion. We will have to improve in key positions. The club have been trying to do that. However the pi.ssing in the wind tactic isn't working. Hence we now have 487 midfield players. The fact we are still talking about needing players(Even more midfeld players, I bet) to reach the playoff after a season and a half and 5 or 6 managers speaks volumes. With the resource available to us we really should have done a lot better.

If we had someone who knew what they were doing we could have got in a lot less players and had a lot more success.

Comment

Originally posted by superckat View Post
              No doubting that we have got some good players in. That's if we're happy to stay midtable. However if you we are to get promotion. We will have to improve in key positions. The club have been trying to do that. However the pi.ssing in the wind tactic isn't working. Hence we now have 487 midfield players. The fact we are still talking about needing players(Even more midfeld players, I bet) to reach the playoff after a season and a half and 5 or 6 managers speaks volumes. With the resource available to us we really should have done a lot better.

If we had someone who knew what they were doing we could have got in a lot less players and had a lot more success.
              Agree
              Now, Then, Forever
              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                I think it's pretty damm good lets look at some of the players we have bought in.....

Cerny FREE

Rammage FREE

STEWART FREE

Gorks 250k

Routledge 400k

Buzzacky 500k

Delaney 750k

Connoly 1 million

Vine 1.5 million

Heider 750k

Been the odd bad one but more good than bad.

Injuries aside you can highlight the good signings others may highlight the bad, fact of the matter we are still going to finish 10th in the table or thereabouts.

Seeing as your so good at higlihghting transfer fees do you think it is possible to do the same with wages...starting with Heider 'I couldn't hit a cows a rse with a banjo' Helguson and Damien 'If it moves, kick it' Delaney.

Fact of the matter its no secret we are paying over the odds on players wages, I've heard Fitz Hall is on 13k a week!
                Last edited by W12_Ranger; 21-04-2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

We are paying way over the odds and giving extremely long contracts to average players, who in all reality we will struggle to move on because of those contracts.

A Sporting Director should be able to identify in conjunction with the manager weaknesses in the squad and act accordingly. Any fool could see we lacked upfront this season and nothing was done to address it other than sign a forward whose appearances record the last few seasons leaves a LOT to be desired and allegedly after failing a medical.

The reality is we need a competent QUALIFIED sporting director if we are to continue using that system.

As for Funky's list :-

Cerny FREE - wages? Could we have done better for lower cost/wages

Rammage FREE - jury's still out - high wages?

STEWART FREE - definately improved this season but still too error prone for me.

Gorks 250k - astute signing

Routledge 400k - jury is still out for me. Promising start but has got found out wherever he's been - wages?

Buzzacky 500k - great last season - 2 bad injuries and was nowhere near his best before his cruciate - have we had the best from him?

Delaney 750k - did well initially then resorted to his Hull form.

Connoly 1 million - good signing

Vine 1.5 million - let's see next season - another who lit up the scene upon joining but was getting stick before his injury.

Heider 750k - bad signing IMO

Agyemang - don't get me started.

Borrowdale - mmmm

And then we could delve backwards..
                  Last edited by writtler; 22-04-2009, 08:01 AM.
                  "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                  QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                  Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                  Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Jim: I think its v unlikely that Flavio or anyone else at the club is going to go on the record saying "sorry, we are tight, we aren't going to spend any money this summer" when they were attempting to capture lucrative sponsorship deals with talk of premiership football etc. But the reality is that Gianni clearly had a transfer kitty of v close to zero in the summer, given him by the board. Flavio insisted on DiCarmine. If you want to know why we didn't spend more, I'd ask him. Its v easy as a fan to say "spend more money"; its not so easy to persuade the man who has made that money to part with it.

Comment

Writtler, in fairness agree with much of that:boss:

Think Cerny was good and Buzz will come back.

Your right, supporters have short memories about Vine. Good player, but I can remember alot of criticism of him.

Do think we need to spend 5 million on 2 top strikers.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                        Its funny when people say "Cook never goes down the line anymore" because he never did, he always cut in, the problem is I think most defenders know what he likes to do now which makes it much harder for him, plus the overall level in the Championship has improved over the last 2 years, hardly anyone in this league flies past defenders nowadays like Cook done.

How does that work then?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMafia View Post
                          How does that work then?
                          lol

Comment

connoly was 200k

Comment

2 years back, take a look at Blackstock's goals.

Not once did Cook, burn pass two or three players to cross the ball, he done what he does now!!

Some have shocking memories
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                                2 years back, take a look at Blackstock's goals.

Not once did Cook, burn pass two or three players to cross the ball, he done what he does now!!

Some have shocking memories

My reference is to Morris's contradiction!

So DB can only score if Cook plays and only if Cook crosses before he loses the ball trying to take him on?

Comment

Working...
                                X