Next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season

Just sat here thinking about options to be competitive next season and try and finish around mid table. Assuming Eze goes and manning stays which I think is likely I think we should look to do the following, taking into account the fact we have very little money despite player sales.

1) play Dieng as much as possible and look to promote to number 1

2) could Kane be our new RM with Kakay as RB? Kane has pace and scored goals for Hull before he joined. Yesterday he looked more comfortable not having to be full back. Competition would be Shodipo.

3) Chair can be our number 10 or left mid and he’s looked really good recently. Warbs needs to stop taking him off and build his confidence with some 90 minutes under his belt ASAP

4) Paul Smyth is a genuine option as a striker next season. Let’s utilise him even if it’s from the bench!

5) our main priority is centre back & up front. Masterson and Barbet are first 11 players but we need another. Yes we scored 4 yesterday but styles make goals and not every team will leak goals like they did yesterday. How much would Hugill cost? If not another season loan. Either way I would also be looking at another prem striker loan as well.

6) Niko Hämäläinen. I watched him closely pre season against Borehamwood which isn’t enough to form an opinion but he looked athletic, strong and good in the air. He’s a left back.

7) Ryan manning would do a very good job in the middle of the park as that’s his natural position.

Thoughts on this side to try in whatever pre season we get...

————————-Dieng———————-
    Kakay——Masterson-Barbet—Hamalainen
    Kane——-Ball——Manning——-Chair
    —————-Hugill—-Smyth—————-

New centre back. New CF to come on

I think it's more likely Manning goes unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      I think it's more likely Manning goes unfortunately.
      I like Manning. Think he's a decent little player, better than a lot we have had in the past.

Comment

Personally i agree with much of what you say. I think however Manning will leave. I hope we have a budget if around £4-5m next season.

both Dieng and Hamalainen are very good prospects and saw both and think both could be in the first team squad having completed successful loans this season.

Two strikers Signed and one loan striker, two centre backs, one winger , One central midfield and one loan midfielder/winger = 8 on top of 15 present squad after departures plus two wild card young players breaking through. Maybe enough.

Comment

Without being to blunt but that team has relation all over it.

The reality is we will be without BOS, EZE and when you add in the goals taken away when we lost Wells, we have to go and find some gems. I imagine between them three they produced most of our goals, with manning potentially being the best person with most assists.

I think Smyth is a player but he struggled to get into the Wycombe team at time’s. I think injury played a part.

I see him more as a impact/squad player.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            Without being to blunt but that team has relation all over it.

The reality is we will be without BOS, EZE and when you add in the goals taken away when we lost Wells, we have to go and find some gems. I imagine between them three they produced most of our goals, with manning potentially being the best person with most assists.

I think Smyth is a player but he struggled to get into the Wycombe team at time’s. I think injury played a part.

I see him more as a impact/squad player.
            I watched smyth a few times normally a sub and is lightweight pace is frightening though would be a good foil off hudgill but I don’t see him as a starter. Squad depends on more free and loans imo I don’t foresee much investment 2-3m max

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I watched anything a few times normally a sub and is lightweight pace is frightening though would be a good foil off hudgill but I don’t see him as a starter. Squad depends on more free and loans imo I don’t foresee much investment 2-3m max
              I am sure Warburton can bring in a couple of decent loans and if we sell 20-25 mill worth of sales it would be nice to think the club give at least 25% to Warburton to spend.

My worry as posted above is I don’t think we have the young players at the club like we did last year like Eze and BOS who were genuinely raw but very talented and on their day match winners.

I like Shopido and Chair but I think they are a level or two below Eze and BOS.

To replace Eze, BOS, Manning, Well and Hugill will not be easy and that’s before we look at the other issues in the squad like new goalkeeper, Lb, replacing Hall, Leinster and potentially Amos.

This arguably is the biggest rebuild I can remember and we have had a fair few!!

Comment

I am sure Warburton can bring in a couple of decent loans and if we sell 20-25 mill worth of sales it would be nice to think the club give at least 25% to Warburton to spend.

My worry as posted above is I don’t think we have the young players at the club like we did last year like Eze and BOS who were genuinely raw but very talented and on their day match winners.

To replace Eze, BOS, Manning, Well and Hugill will not be easy and that’s before we look at the other issues in the squad like new goalkeeper, Lb, replacing Hall, Leinster and potentially Amos.

This arguably is the biggest rebuild I can remember and we have had a fair few!!

I think you can whistle for a new keeper. If anything Kelly will leave and we'll run with Lumley and Dieng.

Comment

Paul Smyth a genuine option as striker. You mean the one who has scored 1 goal in 19 appearances for Wycombe as is currently struggling to get in their team.

Comment

What about the Paul Smyth who ripped Cardiff a new one in Feb championship then was sub and suddenly a wide man then shipped out on loan?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      Paul Smyth a genuine option as striker. You mean the one who has scored 1 goal in 19 appearances for Wycombe as is currently struggling to get in their team.
                      Smyth did a hamstring and was a sub most games also Wycombe are bang it up to akinfenwa and see what happens.
                      Dieng a better option than lumley from what I’ve seen so as others have said I doubt we will buy a keeper

a lot of pressure will be on chair to create next season with loss of Eze and it was pleasing to see us play so well Saturday without Bos.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I like Manning. Think he's a decent little player, better than a lot we have had in the past.
                        I agree, but he has also refused a new contract and will most likely be sold for around £2m.

Next season will be a complete struggle without Eze, Manning , BOS, Rangel, and Hugill and with very little funds to re-inforce the squad. I am really looking forward to bringing in players on loan with the calibre of Smith and Malakar!!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree, but he has also refused a new contract and will most likely be sold for around £2m.

Next season will be a complete struggle without Eze, Manning , BOS, Rangel, and Hugill and with very little funds to re-inforce the squad. I am really looking forward to bringing in players on loan with the calibre of Smith and Malakar!!
                          Moyes was at HQ to see tyr second half against millwall. I wouldnt be surprised to a deal done for either Eze or Manning, or both that will include Hughill coming our way.

Comment

I doubt very much if QPR will be able to get anywhere near 20-25m for players sold this summer. If BOS went for 4.75m, Manning will go for around 40% of that i.e £2m. Eze will be off for no more than £10m. There is no one else really to sell other than Chair. Any other sales will be for around 500k.

The amount given to Warburton to rebuild will be hit hard by the effects of Covid 19 and he will do well to get 2M to spend. He got 50k last season from around 9m in sales!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Moyes was at HQ to see tyr second half against millwall. I wouldnt be surprised to a deal done for either Eze or Manning, or both that will include Hughill coming our way.
                              Great, West Ham will stitch us up again as they did when they bought Sinclair in exchange for Rowlands (not Martin), Dowie and Miklosko! They will give us Hugill and perhaps 2m.

Comment

Working...
                              X