Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undecided
    replied
    Well, I've read all this, but if continuing as we are is not the solution, what is?

Leave a comment:

• Quaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Happy New Year Quaz
    And to you mate

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    I love my team but am I "proud" of them,no not really .
    that said,I'm still confident we will stay up BUT only a couple of months ago we had the chance to go 2nd so it shouldn't even be an issue now(but it is!!)

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Quaz View Post
    Bookies favourites to go down, so still long way to go yet

​​​
    Happy New Year Quaz

Leave a comment:

• Quaz
    replied
    Bookies favourites to go down, so still long way to go yet

​​​

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    The trouble is wages are going up and fees are going up,with our current revenue how
    can we compete.
    Add to this the club to their credit are trying to
    stop major price increases for admission,it seems we are between a rock and a hard place.
    Maybe a new ground could be the answer but will it?

I am not scaremongering but i fear for our future at this level.
    I am really gutted and very sad that it has come to this and all because a well meaning idiot took control of our club and had his pants pulled down more times than a #####s draws.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
    Brentford get proper money for there players though, we dont
    We’ve been down this road before , if you know a club is desperate to sell players to avoid ffp and can’t refuse offers would you expect to be offered top dollar.Brentford and certain other clubs have been selling from a position of strength , we haven’t . That’s changing as I reckon we will see regarding Eze , Chair , Bos etc.

Leave a comment:

• furlong29
    replied
    Brentford get proper money for there players though, we dont

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Agreed, although I can't help but feel a touch of dejavu here.
    Agree it’s been going on a few years but you can’t shake ffp overnight. Big earners on 2/3 year contracts can be hard to get out of the club . Only big earner left now would be Hall .

Leave a comment:

• Darkranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I would say that will come in the summer when we will have come out of the ffp situation.Cameron , hall , Rangel etc. All out of contract and a chance to reshape the squad .
    Agreed, although I can't help but feel a touch of dejavu here.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied

That's the point I was trying to make, nobody is advocating boom and bust, but a wise investment would have been nice.
    I think Jan window is only used for teams looking for a promotion push or to plug holes to help prevent relegation, hence inflated prices at this time of the year.

It looks (as many have already said), that the powers that be, believe we are safe from the drop and too far away from playoffs to take a gamble.

Hopefully we will see a bit of spending in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied

That's the point I was trying to make, nobody is advocating boom and bust, but a wise investment would have been nice.
    I would say that will come in the summer when we will have come out of the ffp situation.Cameron , hall , Rangel etc. All out of contract and a chance to reshape the squad .

Leave a comment:

• Darkranger
    replied

The investment will have to come from player sales and hopefully get invested wisely back into the squad on reasonable wages that don’t send us into a spiral again .Thats why I struggle to understand all the criticism the club has received lately . They are trying to do the right thing fir the club moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied

I understand the constraints that we are under, but surely there has to be a critical mass point, whereas we cannot just sell everything without some reinvestment.
    The investment will have to come from player sales and hopefully get invested wisely back into the squad on reasonable wages that don’t send us into a spiral again .Thats why I struggle to understand all the criticism the club has received lately . They are trying to do the right thing fir the club moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• Darkranger
    replied

Because it was used to stop the club breaching ffp rules.
    I understand the constraints that we are under, but surely there has to be a critical mass point, whereas we cannot just sell everything without some reinvestment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X