Lumley (positive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumley (positive)

It was great to see Lumley get an assist for a QPR goal with that excellent long pass out to BOS. Hopefully that will spur him on.

Unfortunately one good throw in a blue moon doesn't suddenly give him the ability to

Command his area.

Come out to collect crosses/ corners when he should.

Stop most shots he really should do better with.

Improve his kicking.

Or stop making huge point costing bloopers.

Still think a keeper should be top of the shopping list.

Comment

Amazing that with Lumley, Kelly, Dieng and that other bloke we signed, whose name escapes me, we are still short of options

Comment

Dieng is massively rated by the Donny fans. They reckon he’s the best keeper in the league

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Amazing that with Lumley, Kelly, Dieng and that other bloke we signed, whose name escapes me, we are still short of options
          Maybe if we were allowed to play them all at the same time we would be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            Dieng is massively rated by the Donny fans. They reckon he’s the best keeper in the league
            They do have a lot of excellent things to say about him don't they.

Comment

Cardiff goal was awful.... Easy save, could have made a cup of tea and caught the ball but inexplicably palmed it into the net. It was like watching Soccer Aid with Julian Clarey in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Cardiff goal was awful.... Easy save, could have made a cup of tea and caught the ball but inexplicably palmed it into the net. It was like watching Soccer Aid with Julian Clarey in goal.
                This is the problem but a brilliant assist.

Where would we be today if you take away keeper error this season?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

This is the problem but a brilliant assist.

Where would we be today if you take away keeper error this season?
                  To be fair there has been countless defensive errors too. Let’s not pin it all on the keepers.
                  I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

watched him v Peterborough and he made two world class saves one from a header no idea how he kept it out

commanded box very well too and also organised back 4 at corners etc

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

There were many fans who thought Lumley was a very good keeper whilst on loan

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        I agree.

I hadnt watched the game against Cardiff as I was away and only caught up with it yesterday.
                        He should have saved that shot confortably as he got both hands to it.

However, my post was to congratulate him on his excellent assist and hopefully he will continue to get the ball out quickly and accurately in the future.

Dillon Barnes is the other keeper QPR signed in the summer but I doubt he is any better than Lumley or Kelly. Maybe he will get a game tomorrow in the FA Cup.

As for Dieng, I would recall him and give him a few games if Lumley continues to concede soft goals.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Taylor View Post

To be fair there has been countless defensive errors too. Let’s not pin it all on the keepers.
                          I agree but Lumley has conceded at least 6 that have been down to him; Bristol City, West Brom, Luton, Fulham, Hull & Cardiff. There's probably a few that i have forgotten.

Comment

SENY Dieng has extended his stay with Doncaster Rovers.

The 25-year-old goalkeeper will now remain with the League One outfit on loan until the end of the season (31st May 2020).

Dieng joined Doncaster in the summer, initially until January. In his time with the club, he has made 19 appearances in all competitions.

Darren Moore’s men are currently 15th in the table.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...oncaster-stay/

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213174437702451201

Comment

Working...
                              X