Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lumley

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
    In the interests of balance........ Our defence is attempting to play in a fashion that requires a level of skill and confidence above any needed by any Rangers team I’ve ever seen - and that goes back to the days of Rodney and Stan. To play that way, Not only do we need a footballer that can play in goal, but also defenders with the ability to pass like a playmaker. Is there any keeper we have ever had who could play that way? Or central defender? Whilst Lumley is costing us, the blame needs to be shared. Also, presumably Kelly is still injured. Anyone seen anything of Dieng at Doncaster. Could he be the answer?
    But this is ghe way that Warburton wants the team to play, so in fairness, it is he who should be blamed because for asking the players to play a style that they are not comfortable or capable of playing.

    Comment


    • #17
      If you were a keeper playing with that defence in front of you I think I'd be nervous.

      Comment


      • #18
        Feel sorry for Lumley. Friday night showed the difference a good keeper makes. Fulhams keeper kept them in the game where as ours cost us the game.

        Comment


        • #19
          Stoke game? You mean when Lumley played an eye of the needle pass during our goal of the season so far??

          Comment


          • #20
            My advice to Lumley: grow a pair. Start barking from the back, distribute with conviction, challenge for corners and breakaways like your life depended on it. We've seen NONE of this for a season of games now, and no amount of training and/or seasoning is going to change this until you look in the mirror and say -- for all to hear -- you will no longer tolerate mediocrity from yourself or anyone around you.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              My advice to Lumley: grow a pair. Start barking from the back, distribute with conviction, challenge for corners and breakaways like your life depended on it. We've seen NONE of this for a season of games now, and no amount of training and/or seasoning is going to change this until you look in the mirror and say -- for all to hear -- you will no longer tolerate mediocrity from yourself or anyone around you.
              This. I still feel there is a good keeper somewhere in there...
              Last edited by Shania; 24-11-2019, 04:23 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

              Comment


              • #22
                watched a game today , the keeper was vocal and marshalled his defence , never hear from our joe and he always has a nervous body language about him

                Comment


                • #23
                  loan him our for a season and bring in an experienced keeper instead. We cannot keep carrying the most important player in a team while devoloping his skills. He is destroying the team confidence.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    He had 7 clean sheets this time last year and we were all singing his praises.......... but I guess that's the price of progress !

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      He is destroying the team confidence.
                      That is utter nonsense. If anyone is killing confidence it is the manager making players play in a way that they are not able to.

                      But we are not allowed to criticise him.....

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        When playing out from the back you need speed , speed of thought and accuracy we don't have this so will continue to get caught...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          When playing out from the back you need speed , speed of thought and accuracy we don't have this so will continue to get caught...
                          Exactly this. Part of our slowness in the back has to do with not thinking ahead. Lumley in particular. This is something the coaches can actually practice, literally armed with stopwatches to infuse the defense with a never-ending sense of urgency.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Can't we loan a good GK?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

                              Exactly this. Part of our slowness in the back has to do with not thinking ahead. Lumley in particular. This is something the coaches can actually practice, literally armed with stopwatches to infuse the defense with a never-ending sense of urgency.
                              Or, like any sensible coach/manager, you could simply switch to a style that the players have the ability to play to.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                All he had to do is clear it high and long.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X