Changes required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes required!

After conceding so many goals in our last games (through the season tbh) MW needs to make changes. I think we should play Hall, Barbet and Leistner at the back, with Rangel and Manning as wing backs. Ball and Amos to play in front of the defence, while either Chair or BOS support Eze who will play behind either Hugill or Wells.

Agree. Just read that Barbet has a hamstring injury which unless very minor will keep him out for a while leaving us very short at the back, I think it's time to give Wallace a chance, moving Manning into midfield and possibly even Masterson if we go with 5 at the back?

Comment

Yeah but Toni is too slow. Hall will soon be settling back into the treatment room (if he plays Christmas fixtures I'll eat my hat) and I'm not convinced Rangel has the energy to be a wingback. I like Manning but I'm not convinced he's quite got the knack of left back from a positional/defending point of view.
      Pains me to say it but our defence is shambolic pretty much across the board. The only good thing to come out of last few games is a general acceptance that our defence is a liability. Up until a few weeks ago there were some folks with their head in the sand and saying it didn't matter cos we'll outscore the opposition.... I'd assume they've come to their senses now.
      I'm not a tactical genius but I reckon things could be addressed by tweaking our shape and set-up rather than trying to swap the personnel.

Comment

We all agree we must make changes, but we've done almost none of that to date. In January we need to bring Kakay back from loan, get a new CB in the window, and recruit a veteran goalie. Until then: play Wallace for heaven's sake (let's see what he's got) as well as Masterson, teamed with either Hall or Leistner. Manning must play; he remains one of our best. Rangel should be platooned on the right. Please bring Ball back into the lineup. Finally, who coaches our defense under MW? May need a better coach there, who can teach the boys how to get the ball moving faster from the back.

Comment

Working...
        X