No announcement yet.

Team For Wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not convinced by Hugill. Lacks much mobility, not quick and not very clinical it seems. I'd rather Wells starts and Hugill on the bench for an impact physical sub if he goes with one up top. That said I'd prefer to start with two proper strikers especially at home.

Eze and BOS may have some flair bit they aren't going to get many goals and their final decision making is often terrible which ultimately wastes good opportunities... Example against Swansea was early on Eze beat player on left of 6 yard box then instead of the easiest square pass for a tap in he produced a nothing ball aimlessly off for a goal kick, which was basically a terrible shot. Similar situations against Huddersfield from both players too. They need to do better when it matters otherwise the fancy footwork beforehand is irrelevant.

Pugh needs to be involved more imo. The skill he showed beating 3 players then putting it on a plate for Chair who should've scored the other day shows exactly why the Bournemouth fans love him so much. He's a class act.

Comment

We must play with two up top at home, we played one and still lost.

Maybe MW is still trying things out, we should start to get better results after 10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Assuming all are fit, I wouldn't mind seeing:

---------------------------Kelly-------------------------

Kane-------------Hall-----------BFG-------Manning

-------------------------Cameron----------------------

BOS---------------------Eze---------------------Chair

---------------------Hugill----Wells--------------------

Go on the proper offensive at home !
        I like the look of that!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

WOW - One man mid field! you get nothing defensively out of 4 of that front 5 - only wells offers any sort of tracking back.
          Did you see Eze against Swansea? He was all over the shop! Did really well tracking back and covered for Manning numerous times.

Comment

This much we must do.

Kelly for Lumley. The latter too slow distributing the ball, and oft makes the one big mistake. Let’s see what we have with Kelly.
            Kane for Rangel. He’ is clearly faster and more offensive-minded.
            Pugh for Scowen/Smith. Looks like a winner who can set up goal scorers.

Beyond that, Eze and BOS had solid games Wednesday, and remain the key to a solid season. If they get the confidence to start scoring, watch out. QPR will be hard for any team to handle.
            Like what I see with Hugill; he seems a proper goal scorer in time.

And am I the only one who felt Cameron disappeared a bit the last game or two? Think he will be best when kept to one game a week. Suggest we try out Ball once in a while; love Scowen’s spirit, but like Lumley he is mistake prone and his passing is generally somewhere between mediocre and atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Kelly

Kane - Hall - Leistner - Manning

Cameron - Ball

Chair - Eze - Pugh

Hugill
              Like that side mate, would like to see us go 4-1-3-2 though with Ball sitting in front of back 4 and Wells up front as a pairing with Hugil. Got to see us go at the opposition at home! You Rr's!!!

Comment

My team for would be

Kelly

Rangel Leistner Hall Manning

Ball Cameron

Chair Eze BOS

Wells

Players dropped need a warning that their form most improve (I know you might say Hugill has been okay but he's missed a lot of chance before we end up going 1-0 down)
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  I'm not convinced by Hugill. Lacks much mobility, not quick and not very clinical it seems. I'd rather Wells starts and Hugill on the bench for an impact physical sub if he goes with one up top. That said I'd prefer to start with two proper strikers especially at home.

Eze and BOS may have some flair bit they aren't going to get many goals and their final decision making is often terrible which ultimately wastes good opportunities... Example against Swansea was early on Eze beat player on left of 6 yard box then instead of the easiest square pass for a tap in he produced a nothing ball aimlessly off for a goal kick, which was basically a terrible shot. Similar situations against Huddersfield from both players too. They need to do better when it matters otherwise the fancy footwork beforehand is irrelevant.

Pugh needs to be involved more imo. The skill he showed beating 3 players then putting it on a plate for Chair who should've scored the other day shows exactly why the Bournemouth fans love him so much. He's a class act.
                  I agree totally about BOS and Eze and that incident you refer to about Eze is one that stood out for me. Compare that with the one Pugh had when he picked out Chair. This is why I want Pugh to start.

I also think that Hugill lacks mobility and would like to see Mlakar given a chance at some point soon to see if he can fill the role better. Wells is a player that for me can play as part of a 2 man strike force, but also in a 4-3-3 formation.

Going back to Eze and BOS, they need to improve their decision making and final ball as this is a very unforgiving division.

Comment

Lumley
                    Kane Leistner Hall manning
                    ball Cameron
                    bright Eze pugh
                    wells
                    more defensive solidity. Must win game. That front four and the wing backs should be more than good enough to tear them apart. Bring hugill on if we need a goal. 3-0 comfy. Pugh Eze wells. JN

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Assuming all are fit, I wouldn't mind seeing:

---------------------------Kelly-------------------------

Kane-------------Hall-----------BFG-------Manning

-------------------------Cameron----------------------

BOS---------------------Eze---------------------Chair

---------------------Hugill----Wells--------------------

Go on the proper offensive at home !
                      2 up front, yes yes yes, after all, attack is the best form of defence.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                      X