X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ainsworth

Gareth Ainsworth is now the new favorite (30 April 3 pm):

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager

I prefer him over some of the names mentioned but he really isn't one of my top choices, surely the club have the sense to wait until all of the leagues are finished when the list of potential candidates will increase!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Gets people betting on another name based on people thinking bookies know something.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
        I prefer him over some of the names mentioned but he really isn't one of my top choices, surely the club have the sense to wait until all of the leagues are finished when the list of potential candidates will increase!
        Big Johnny Eustace will crush them all !

Comment

I more than agree. We need someone with Championship experience, proven at this level. Now isn't the time to make a silly decision based on the romance of past players.
          Perhaps one for the future, just not for now !

Comment

Let’s be having the doom merchants as a another name crops up as manager

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur01 View Post

I more than agree. We need someone with Championship experience, proven at this level. Now isn't the time to make a silly decision based on the romance of past players.
              Perhaps one for the future, just not for now !
              Championship experience like Rowett or Lampard had ?

Personally think that first and foremost if the manager can gel a team, communicate a way of playing and is allowed to strengthen with a decent proportion of cash from sales then experience in this league is simply an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Championship experience like Rowett or Lampard had ?

Personally think that first and foremost if the manager can gel a team, communicate a way of playing and is allowed to strengthen with a decent proportion of cash from sales then experience in this league is simply an added bonus.
                There are exceptions to the rule but I just don't think we can afford another JFH gamble which I thought was a great appointment at the time!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

There are exceptions to the rule but I just don't think we can afford another JFH gamble which I thought was a great appointment at the time!
                  THAT is definitely true. A proper fraud of a manager who would never have been considered if Clough and then Rowett hadn't set Burton up so well.

Comment

Exes tend not to work out in football, we should know that better than anyone. We need a manager whose championship win % is pretty decent with an average squad. Carvalhal is way ahead on that score, which means he wont get it.

But dont worry about the markets - no money in them. A tenner on any of the contenders sends em odds on everywhere in minutes. Unfortunately that doesn't preclude another poor decision....

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Exes tend not to work out in football, we should know that better than anyone. We need a manager whose championship win % is pretty decent with an average squad. Carvalhal is way ahead on that score, which means he wont get it.

But dont worry about the markets - no money in them. A tenner on any of the contenders sends em odds on everywhere in minutes. Unfortunately that doesn't preclude another poor decision....
                      Isn't that the job of the DOF to use his football knowledge to advise the non footballing board on football deciisions?
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Gets people betting on another name based on people thinking bookies know something.
                        The bookies seem to make different people favourite every few days. I hope it’s not Ainsworth. Nice guy but do we really want a Wycombe manager who plays poor football to be in charge of the young talent we have?? Please god ... no

Comment

Be one of the biggest mistakes of his career.

Comment

Isn't that the job of the DOF to use his football knowledge to advise the non footballing board on football deciisions?
                            You'd think that was the role. However, since 2015, I am not convinced that Ferdinand has any real knowledge that is useful to the Board.

Comment

Originally posted by CON0077 View Post

The bookies seem to make different people favourite every few days. I hope it’s not Ainsworth. Nice guy but do we really want a Wycombe manager who plays poor football to be in charge of the young talent we have?? Please god ... no
                              He is not even getting good results with Wycombe either.
                              i would prefer to remember Ainsworth as a good QPR player rather than a failed manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X