Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Charity starts at home.

We could sell the naming rights to a business and donate money to these charity and both would be better off financially.
    Read some of the previous posts by others, that might explain it.
    Not sure what you mean by charity starts at home.
    If you are suggesting the club needs the money more than some of the charities out there, do me a favour.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

''A few bob we wont miss''

Have you heard about our financial situation? Even if we got a mere £50k a season it would be massive to us.
      Hmm...50k year would pay one weeks wages for about 4 or 5 players...if that. Massive doesn't really spring to mind.

I do see where you're coming from, it does seem a bit counter intuitive to give something away for free when we're under financial constraint, but perhaps there's more to it?

Comment

If Stadium sponsorship is a viable source of income then of coure in our current financial state it is crazy not to tap into it...but if its something that is not accounted for and the club want to do it then it is a nice gesture and in the long term it may be about securing future deals within the borough for a new stadium. I just feel that there are other opportunities to raise awareness of a charity rather than giving away the name of the stadium...maybe a sponsoring the half time entertainment - with the charity details on the score board. Each week a different local charity could be featured and during the half time interval collections could be made...spreading the love!

Comment

Just don’t see the point.
          The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Personally cannot wait to turn up at the Coppafeel Stadium !

Comment

https://www.footballfancast.com/cham...ad-name-change

QPR fans on Twitter are fuming after the club announced plans to change the name of the stadium in order to help a local charity.

Comment

I dont want this to sound wrong but i hope its not to do with grenfell. Im sure the awareness of this is high and are getting a lot of money already. My vote would be for either kiyan prince foundation or jack tizard.

Comment

Originally posted by HA2Ranger View Post
                  I dont want this to sound wrong but i hope its not to do with grenfell. Im sure the awareness of this is high and are getting a lot of money already. My vote would be for either kiyan prince foundation or jack tizard.
                  They're letting the fans choose. Read something on the offy about accepting nominations from fans, then a short list will be put up, and everyone can vote for their favourite charity.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                  X