Slow progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow progress

I would say we have made slight progress over the last few seasons with a decent, young, developing squad, good manager (IMO) and hopefully improving financial situation. Is it just me though, or is anyone else sick of the last few seasons? This season has been better than last year in spells, but I already want it over with so we can start again next season. Hard work being a QPR supporter sometimes

Smc was brought in to coach/develop our young players not send them out on loan and bring in loan players. Im struggling to see how the majority of our young players have progressed this season. They got more game time under Olly. Smc has not done what he was broughf into do. But I do agree with you, it is slow progress. Lumley and Eze have prigressed but others have not.

Comment

Other than the odd season here and there, I have found following Rangers fairly hard work.
      I am also looking forward to next season already, as this one feels dead and buried. Yeh, we may have a few win or loss streaks before seasons end, and for as many bad games, such as yesterday, we will also see some proper good ones.
      Nobody ever said it would be easy being an Rs fan
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Not amazing but yes I would say some progress. We seem more stable than in previous seasons.

Do need to start getting some results given recent run.

Comment

I don't think you can underestimate the benefit of finally sorting out years and years of financial ineptitude. Sure, getting a grip of the balance sheet is not sexy stuff but it was the first thing that needed doing if we were ever gonna stabilise and hopefully kick on. With copping a huge fine and getting put on a transfer embargo I'd say staying in Championship would be a pretty impressive achievement. Added to that I see enough green shoots to suggest we can achieve more next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            I don't think you can underestimate the benefit of finally sorting out years and years of financial ineptitude. Sure, getting a grip of the balance sheet is not sexy stuff but it was the first thing that needed doing if we were ever gonna stabilise and hopefully kick on. With copping a huge fine and getting put on a transfer embargo I'd say staying in Championship would be a pretty impressive achievement. Added to that I see enough green shoots to suggest we can achieve more next season.
            I love your optimism but with both stickers heading back to their clubs and perhaps having to cash in on any player with value I think next season is going to be harder than this one. I fear for our player budget next season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I love your optimism but with both stickers heading back to their clubs and perhaps having to cash in on any player with value I think next season is going to be harder than this one. I fear for our player budget next season.
              Assuming you mean strikers and not stickers then I don't think we will miss them all that much TBH.

Tomer is clearly just counting down the days til he returns and Wells for all the good things he brings to the side isn't exactly very good at popping it into the old onion bag.

Sure we can bring in at least equivalent players or young hungry loans from Prem sides.

Would like to think that the budget would be better next year if we do sell the likes of Freeman for sensible money.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                Smc was brought in to coach/develop our young players not send them out on loan and bring in loan players. Im struggling to see how the majority of our young players have progressed this season. They got more game time under Olly. Smc has not done what he was broughf into do. But I do agree with you, it is slow progress. Lumley and Eze have prigressed but others have not.
                Everyone knows my opinion but cant see how we`ve made progress tbh & agree with sheep, with 4 loan players most likely going back to their respective clubs, and our youngsters who should of been bedding in here & not out on loan, i really cannot see any progress at all, if our previous manager had wells and hemed in his ranks, i personally feel we`d of done slightly better, i just think mac doesnt get his teams out on the front foot enough sitting back, we all know we are at our best attacking teams andgoing for it, we showed that against a few teams of late, this sitting back and not pressing drives me mad to watch tbh.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Everyone knows my opinion but cant see how we`ve made progress tbh & agree with sheep, with 4 loan players most likely going back to their respective clubs, and our youngsters who should of been bedding in here & not out on loan, i really cannot see any progress at all, if our previous manager had wells and hemed in his ranks, i personally feel we`d of done slightly better, i just think mac doesnt get his teams out on the front foot enough sitting back, we all know we are at our best attacking teams andgoing for it, we showed that against a few teams of late, this sitting back and not pressing drives me mad to watch tbh.
                  You talk sense brother.

Smc must cost more than Olly and for such an apparent coaching expert im feeling disappointed. Three out of four loan signings with long term injuries tends to go with getting in older players too and isnt really bad luck.

Cameron 33, Rangel 36, Hamed 31.

Comment

I agree that it is maddening to watch QPR when they sit back, knowing that when they go all out their defense plays better, their offense plays better, and they're more likely to win. SMC is not daft; he's seeing the same thing we are. So either the team does not have the talent to sustain that kind of effort game in and game out, or SMC is too laid back coming out of the locker room and his players pick up on it. Throw a few chairs, break a few lockers, do whatever is necessary so the starting 11 come out of the gate like a house on fire. By the way, why Hemed over Smith in the last game? The former has clearly checked out on us, and the latter has been a great performer when called upon of late.

Comment

Much happier watching us this season despite some results than last season with Hollowhead.

SMC has done a lot right. Not everything but a lot. Bit of a squad injection and I think we'll do ok.

Comment

I llike MacClaren but there is no dressing up the fact that we are sh*te.
                        Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 04-03-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X