Frank lampards Derby county make shock signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    It wont work out. He's making the same mistake we did with Rio etc etc.
    Why, has Cole been doing panel shows and documentaries recently ?

Can't see Lampard allowing Cole to be a part-time celeb while he's there like Harry would have done.

Comment

I wouldn't take him even if he would pay us.

Comment

Played in the states for peanuts. Bell end granted but he is a very good pro.
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
          Played in the states for peanuts. Bell end granted but he is a very good pro.
          Is that roughly translated as about 5x the average blokes annual salary per week ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Why, has Cole been doing panel shows and documentaries recently ?

Can't see Lampard allowing Cole to be a part-time celeb while he's there like Harry would have done.
            Like I said Mush, I just don't think AC has the legs for WB or even FB at this level anymore. He's a great player and wouldn't be on a free from LAG if the legs were still there.

Its always the same story when you're on the way down. The head maybe right, the touch is still there but its those hard yards....... could still be a decent signing as cover / bench in a promotion campaign.

Comment

Like I said Mush, I just don't think AC has the legs for WB or even FB at this level anymore. He's a great player and wouldn't be on a free from LAG if the legs were still there.

Its always the same story when you're on the way down. The head maybe right, the touch is still there but its those hard yards....... could still be a decent signing as cover / bench in a promotion campaign.
              Fair points and would be pretty certain Lampard & his staff would know his limitations. Can imagine whoever they have on the left side will / could be used as some sort of cover at times during games.

Id say he's there for his experience & nouse & as a mentor to the younger players. It's a smart signing when going for promotion.

We done it in our year going up. I'd go as far as to say those January signings actually got us over the line that season.

Comment

Yeah - can agree on having the legs for this division, although as somone reminded me the other day, Konchesky got up and down the line when he was with us and he was a similar age.

Just hope he's playing when we take them on up there....."You're John Terry's B*tch"

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  It's a great signing, like him or not.
                  Don't like or dislike him but think it's a #### signing

Comment

Already announced this will be his last contract. Just doing his mate a favour by the looks of things.

Comment

Working...
                    X