Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clement

    I reckon we dodged a few bullets given some of the names being mentioned as a potential manager. Good job we got Schteeve as it turns out.

  • #2
    I think a lot of us thought - probably more out of desperation than logic - that Clement would ride in on his white horse and save us. Turns out the reality is he doesn't seem to have what it takes, despite his pedigree. So yeah, we dodged a bullet and by the strange twists of fate, ended up with a decent manager. Who'd a thought it?

    Comment


    • #3
      Likeable bloke but never been a fan of him as a manager.

      Needs to go down a league and prove himself, like a few others should. Far too many start their managerial careers at too high a level IMO.

      Comment


      • #4
        Said at time he was not the man so glad he never came as he would have been someone else to pay off. Useless manager

        Comment


        • #5
          Never understood those who deemed him to be the next best thing based only on the fact that he was a coach at Real Madrid.

          Comment


          • #6
            Get him in to do a bit of coaching?

            Comment


            • #7
              No ta.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Get him in to do a bit of coaching?
                We've already got one of the best coaches England has ever produced managing us..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  I think a lot of us thought - probably more out of desperation than logic - that Clement would ride in on his white horse and save us. Turns out the reality is he doesn't seem to have what it takes, despite his pedigree. So yeah, we dodged a bullet and by the strange twists of fate, ended up with a decent manager. Who'd a thought it?
                  Agreed Hubs. We were at a very low point when his name was being banded about.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

                    We've already got one of the best coaches England has ever produced managing us..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Always makes me wonder why people think they can just waltz into management at high levels (let's face it, the Championship isup there with the hardest leagues in Europe) without cutting their teeth in the lower leagues.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Never understood those who deemed him to be the next best thing based only on the fact that he was a coach at Real Madrid.
                        no you have it wrong , he drove the coach at real madrid

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The fact that his Dad was a genuine Rangers legend can easily cloud some fans' judgement, and understandably so.
                          He was also TF's 'dream manager' lest we not forget

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            I think a lot of us thought - probably more out of desperation than logic - that Clement would ride in on his white horse and save us. Turns out the reality is he doesn't seem to have what it takes, despite his pedigree. So yeah, we dodged a bullet and by the strange twists of fate, ended up with a decent manager. Who'd a thought it?

                            What pedigree is that exactly???

                            He had zero pedigree as a manager and got given jobs based on a CV having coaching roles at big name clubs simply because he was part of Ancelotti's backroom staff. Blimey the way some carried on about the bloke you'd think these massive clubs headhunted him for his footballing genius or something, when instead he was simply part of the package with Ancelotti.

                            He's since proved over multiple management jobs that he's not got a clue and is utterly useless/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Del View Post
                              He's since proved over multiple management jobs that he's not got a clue and is utterly useless/
                              It's perfectly possible to be a decent coach and a hopeless gaffer, but at Derby his record was sound.

                              Time will tell, could simply be that he's better as a no 2.


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X