Our Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Usually agree with most of what you post Ginge but how can you justify picking and choosing games to perform in? Getting injured is part of the game and you should build a squad to cope. Do we rest players against the likes of Derby because we haven't got a cat in hells chance and wait for a game we think we can win? Where does it end? Blackpool away was a winnable match for our best team and could have meant a money spinner next round.....and we're supposed to be a business as well as a football club.
    Well said. Don't forget the club is in financial $hite and a money spinning 4th rnd tie would have helped and if they won that, even more in the next game.

I agree that some of the fringe players should have done better, but the subs bench was basically throwing the towel in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

Alan I didn't say we picked a team to lose. That squad on paper should still have beaten Blackpool, and I'm certain McLaren picked that squad in the hope that they'd perform well and want to get into the main team, giving him a selection headache. I don't believe for one second that McLaren picked a squad that would lose a football game. I just personally am not bothered in the slightest about cup losses in competitions we don't have a chance of winning anyway (previous years experience shows that). It's my personal feeling that if we lost to Blackpool and ended up getting 2 good results at Swansea and Reading, then it's all good.
      But if they lose to Swansea and Reading then what good would picking a weakend 11 and subs bench against Blackpool have achieved? QPR have tried doing this in other recent seasons and gone on to lose the league matches that followed.

Yes, QPR don't really have a good chance of winning the cups, but they do (if they really try) have a chance to get to the QFs and earning much needed funds along the way.

Comment

Because the gap between the Premier League and the lower divisions is significantly bigger compared to then. The likes of United/City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs etc can put their kids or reserves out now and win at a canter, whereas back then they played their strongest team for fear of the lower league opposition being bang up for it, which as you say we proved when we won it. You can't tell me that a League One club winning the League Cup would be anything short of an absolute miracle these days mate.
        Yes it would be a miracle, but Bradford go to the fianl a few years ago, and Bristol City the SF last season. Also Lincoln and Millwall had great FA cup runs recently.

There is a rotten attitude to the cups by the heirachy and amongst some fans of QPR.

Comment

I was born in 1986 mate, I wouldn't know
          Maybe that's the reason for my not giving a sh!t about cup competitions, the furthest I remember us going is Round 4 away to United back in 2008. The entire time I've been a fan we've been sh!t in the cup.
          Fair enough, but the attitude the club has had towards the cup in the last 20 years has been dreadful which is why you have not seen any decent cup runs.

Football is about competing to win matches and trophies, yet we are not really seeing this now at QPR and some other clubs.

Comment

I would argue also that the club having a mentality of not being that bothered in both cups over the years has kinda crept into league matches too. One season in what, 22 years have seen the mentality totally change. Even the Playoff season we weren't all that convincing. Time the players playing for this club stood up and performed for their money and privileged position.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
              I would argue also that the club having a mentality of not being that bothered in both cups over the years has kinda crept into league matches too. One season in what, 22 years have seen the mentality totally change. Even the Playoff season we weren't all that convincing. Time the players playing for this club stood up and performed for their money and privileged position.
              Agree with that to some extent.

Perhaps the club has had 4-6 seasons where effort was close to 100% , but yes, otherwise it has been mediocre.

I think the fans could perhaps be more vocal on match days in order to lift the players, but the players need to lift their game in order to get the fans excited. Its the old chicken and egg thing again.

Comment

If you owned the club and resources were limited what would you want to see?

Comment

our fans are far to fickle me included.

like we beat Bolton Millwall then everything was rosy.

Lost to Blackpool deserved apparently and then Norwich didnt play well but haf blatant penalty turned down so could well have drawn.As a consequence its doom and gloom but we are in a much better place than i thought at the beginning of the season.

Comment

will be watching to see who blackpool draw at 9pm

Comment

Well pleased we didnt take the cup seriously , that result at Swansea justifies it all

And before anyone says ,if we won today it would all be good , well to me it wouldn`t , it was a f uckin stupid decision to not care about the cup, morale wise ,(players and fans) and financially too .

So well done Mclaren ,out of the cup and dic ked on by Swansea
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        our fans are far to fickle me included.

like we beat Bolton Millwall then everything was rosy.

Lost to Blackpool deserved apparently and then Norwich didnt play well but haf blatant penalty turned down so could well have drawn.As a consequence its doom and gloom but we are in a much better place than i thought at the beginning of the season.
                        Here we go again

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          Childish mentality. Do me a favour. This team SHOULD have been perfectly good enough to perform much better than they did. After all the majority did in the previous two cup rounds.
                          Sorry, but research tells me that you're wrong here IMO. Im with QPR Jeff here...

Blackpool only a division below, going very well in a tough league themselves and still unbeaten, at home against a squad that WAS on paper not good enough.

The bench was all u23, so not sure where you felt we could change the game?

The starting eleven had 2 at a push that could be considered our first team right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X