No announcement yet.

Carabao cup 3rd round draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a donkey ride.....she was a rather rotund bint from Shrewsbury...looked like olive from on the.buses...but ut was a cold.night.
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
      I had a donkey ride.....she was a rather rotund bint from Shrewsbury...looked like olive from on the.buses...but ut was a cold.night.
      There has to be an attraction before I sink my nuts in. Can’t do match practice like some of my mates

Comment

I'm going, Cup tie away at night in a seaside town, what's not to like.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

There has to be an attraction before I sink my nuts in. Can’t do match practice like some of my mates
          Westie i had like zero standards.back then...those little tabs did some strange things to a young impressionable fellow
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Another soft draw for us,no reason why we can't progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              Another soft draw for us,no reason why we can't progress
              There is and that is starting with a reserve side including Washington and Smith up front with no wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

There is and that is starting with a reserve side including Washington and Smith up front with no wingers.
                Can we have a moan at McLaren after he’s done this not before? He made 11 changes but did choose a winger....and we won and played alright I thought last game

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Any one remember going there for fa cup game 1990 , think it was a Sunday afternoon drew 2 2 . We did the weekend up there absolute carnage .
                  i went,there was glass on pitch as well i seem to remember,we clashed in a boozer with a group of brumies
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I think it is an ideal draw! Close (for me), and against a team we should beat, happy days

Comment

A great draw in potential but a huge problem for us if we lose.

We should beat Blackpool and put ourselves in the final 16 and the increased possibility of an away tie at Liverpool/Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, West ham, Arsenal or Spurs and all the money that comes with such a tie, but, on the other-hand, if we lose this cup 'run' would have cost us money because of the 2 home games with significantly low attendances and an away fixture at a club whose fans are boycotting matches and may only get 1,000.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post
                        A great draw in potential but a huge problem for us if we lose.

We should beat Blackpool and put ourselves in the final 16 and the increased possibility of an away tie at Liverpool/Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, West ham, Arsenal or Spurs and all the money that comes with such a tie, but, on the other-hand, if we lose this cup 'run' would have cost us money because of the 2 home games with significantly low attendances and an away fixture at a club whose fans are boycotting matches and may only get 1,000.
                        But we have already played the first two ties so hardly a huge problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

But we have already played the first two ties so hardly a huge problem.
                          We lost money on both games. We will not get more than a few thousand in gate receipts for Blackpool which means that we might not even break even for this cup run if we lose.
                          ​​​​​​
                          We need 2 money generating cup runs and the first cup might see us making a loss because of low attendances and the operational costs.

Comment

What attendance is needed at home to break even then?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              What attendance is needed at home to break even then?
                              If I remember correctly, and there is a chance I'm taking absolute ########, it was around 5,500 in the cup games due to the gate receipts being split with the opposing team.

These games are always sold cheaply and have an average ticket cost of £7.50 so for Peterborough we only took in around £31k which we had to deduct salaries, operational overheads and then split with them so we made a loss. Even the prize money for the first round won't address the balance if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

We lost money on both games. We will not get more than a few thousand in gate receipts for Blackpool which means that we might not even break even for this cup run if we lose.
                                ​​​​​​
                                We need 2 money generating cup runs and the first cup might see us making a loss because of low attendances and the operational costs.
                                Sorry, I didn't explain that very well but basically the two games we have played already are history and whether we lost money on them or not is no longer relevant for the tie at Blackpool. Therefore that tie on its own is not a huge problem as such. What I am sure we agree on is that a win could put us in line for a money spinner that would hopefully more than get back what we have lost on the first games. That in turn might make our club think about taking the Cup seriously for a change as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X