Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    I know football gone mad these days,but I remember when we bought Spencer and sheron for 2 million each and was big news,then 10 on Remy and I was excited. Now I see Bournemouth Fulham Watford spending like 30 plus on players and I deft jealous

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    great reply...
    .we missed the boat again

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill View Post
    yes qprjeff1882
    Fark knows lol We still don't know what other clubs squads will be. I'm sure the club have singled out a few they think will be available for loan but they need to move quickly so other clubs don't get them first. They should be asking clubs as of now to begin negotiations. Rather bring in loans now than 3 weeks time. We've got points to gain.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    yes qprjeff1882

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Our last payment of £10m finishes at the end of this season. We need to sell £10m worth of players next summer to be as skint as we are this summer.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    same question to you Qprjeff
    Who me?

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post
    Serious question. Do you get parachute payments if you are relegated from the Championship? My guess is no.
    Our last payment of £10m finishes at the end of this season. We need to sell £10m worth of players next summer to be as skint as we are this summer.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    same question to you Qprjeff

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    so Jonny who is left to go for serious question if the strategy is sound

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
    Why isnt the DoF make this strategic statement. What do Les do? Get rid of him....

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Sorry, my bad. Does any club get parachute payments if it is relegated from the Championship?

Leave a comment:

• Jonny
    replied
    so why no loans before now i think this utter shite coming out of the club
    Hoos already laid it out.

A) We wanted to loan players but clubs wanted to sell. They held the aces and simply now they don’t. The negotiating power flips. They can’t sell now, but will want them off the player rota / books as clubs name their core 25. That’s when we come in and can drive a better deal.

B) We don’t spend money unless we see a good deal (ie last year of contract e.g. BOS, Freeman). If we do spend money, it’s likely we will loan first with a view to perm. That way we reduce risk and don’t end up spending 3m on Washington types.

Its all entirely logical and thought through with a clear transfer strategy. Exactly the opposite of the prem years which were berated.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    we all know what we need so any suggestions as to who we could get on loan for the positions we require within our budget im struggling

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post
    Serious question. Do you get parachute payments if you are relegated from the Championship? My guess is no.
    I don't think we get them next year anyway

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    if we cant afford Heffele wages on perm or loan,realistically who we going to get
    He was never going to come here when Forest agreed to sign him on a 3 year deal. We only ever wanted a loan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X