Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollax? Enlighten me Jeff.

Comment

• Ipswich are targeting another of our centre back options Tllt from Blackpool I do hope we arnt putting all our eggs in one basket in our persuit of the grocer !

Comment

• I am pretty positive about club at the moment but.....if I can have 1 (maybe unfair moan).....what is going on with our scouting? Targets seem to be Sainsbury (played at World Cup and mate of Luongo), Chris Martin (played under McLaren) and Leisner from union Berlin (played in friendlies). Doesn’t seem to be any players that we’re looking at that require a good amount of work from the scouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          I am pretty positive about club at the moment but.....if I can have 1 (maybe unfair moan).....what is going on with our scouting? Targets seem to be Sainsbury (played at World Cup and mate of Luongo), Chris Martin (played under McLaren) and Leisner from union Berlin (played in friendlies). Doesn’t seem to be any players that we’re looking at that require a good amount of work from the scouts.
          Travel embargo

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            I am pretty positive about club at the moment but.....if I can have 1 (maybe unfair moan).....what is going on with our scouting? Targets seem to be Sainsbury (played at World Cup and mate of Luongo), Chris Martin (played under McLaren) and Leisner from union Berlin (played in friendlies). Doesn’t seem to be any players that we’re looking at that require a good amount of work from the scouts.
            i doubt we signed leistner solely on the basis of his performance in a friendly match a year ago...

Comment

• Surely this is why Penrice was brought in. Time for him to step up and earn his corn

Comment

• We should only loan players if (a) we are going for promotion or (b) we are worried about relegation otherwise not worth it.

Comment

• For me the scouting is better than I can remember for thirty years at least , I'd say they are targeting players !! if I was to look anywhere I'd look at the board being to hesitant or maybe the manager has his own ideas , I think the players that have come in over the last 18 months plus the amount of trialist that are being brought to the club vindicate our present scouting network
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 01-08-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post

Travel embargo

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      For me the scouting is better than I can remember for thirty years at least , I'd say they are targeting players !! if I was to look anywhere I'd look at the board being to hesitant or maybe the manager has his own ideas , I think the players that have come in over the last 18 months plus the amount of trialist that are being brought to the club vindicate our present scouting network
                      i agree. we've signed a lot of good players over the past 2-3 years and have also brought in a tonne of new youth prospects for the future. it is exciting but we still have to be patient, we're in a position where we have to build a team slowly

Comment

• Still no news? Hm...
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

But it ain't reached a point of being too late yet. Not even close actually!
                          The window closes a week on Thursday. That's close enough for me and I guess many others.

we don't have many options in the squad; Liestner, Lynch Baptiste, Hall and Phillips (both injured) at present.

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            We should only loan players if (a) we are going for promotion or (b) we are worried about relegation otherwise not worth it.
                            One problem with loans is that they can be recalled in January and if that happened QPR would be up the creek without a paddle when the embargo kicks in.

I prefer the buying option when it comes to defenders we desperately need.

Comment

• I think we will come to some agreement. They are playing hardball as much as we are. They will not want to lose him for nothing especially as they've already told him he will not be part of their squad and will sit the last 6 months in the reserves. It's not as if they will even miss his services. They are just being stubborn.

Comment

• Agree 82 my worry would be what other teams they playing hardball with can’t imsgine were only side interested

Comment

Working...
                                X